Saying hello

Airfixer
23rd August 2011, 19:32
Just thought I'd say thanks for welcoming me. I'm retired and habitually build model aircraft (aaaagh!) but I'm thinking about trying ships. My interest at present is WWII and I have plans - physically and mentally - for a Round Class Armed Trawler and a Corvette. Thought I'd try the Corvette from the kit first before scratch building a trawler and hope I might find advice and research along the way.

Found this site looking for Dover Harbour Board tug Lady Brassey, which I remember from boyhood.

Cheers,
Peter
(@)

makko
23rd August 2011, 21:42
Welcome aboard, Peter. I too make aircraft model kits when time permits (never!!). My collection still resides at my parents house, including a 1:32 Mosquito. In my youth, I built every one of the airfix warships and the Discovery. I am sure that many of the members will be glad to lend a hand!
Regards,
Dave

fred henderson
23rd August 2011, 22:05
A warm welcome to SN Peter. As you have an interest in building a trawler model I am sure that you will want to access the Fishing Vessels photo gallery. To do so you need to register as follows: -

http://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=39213

billyboy
23rd August 2011, 23:48
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

captain61
24th August 2011, 10:17
Welcome aboard this great site

Stephen

Airfixer
25th August 2011, 01:27
Thanks all for your welcome. What a friendly bunch! This is my first time on a site such as this so it will take me a way to navigate through the threads. I'm British but posting from New York - will my post come up with a union flag or a stars and stripes, and can I choose?(Whaaa)

Peter

R58484956
26th August 2011, 17:15
Greetings Peter and welcome to SN from across the pond. Bon voyage.

Airfixer
27th August 2011, 22:58
Welcome aboard, Peter. I too make aircraft model kits when time permits (never!!). My collection still resides at my parents house, including a 1:32 Mosquito. In my youth, I built every one of the airfix warships and the Discovery. I am sure that many of the members will be glad to lend a hand!
Regards,
Dave

Hi Ken,
Yes, I have loads of half finished models - including a scratch built 1/24th Mosquito, now made irrelevant by the Airfix kit (though much cheaper, being of wood)
Peter