Goodnight and who am I

Longimanus
23rd August 2011, 23:51
Hello and good night (or day depending from position on the globe...).
Why is a guy a 'shiplover' who gets seasick with every breeze on the open? I don't know, I hoped you could tell me. I only know that as a child I could spend hours and hours sitting with binoculars in my hand, along the Nieuwe-Waterweg at Hoek van Holland( Which is in Holland as you might have guessed...) in summer holidays. Just watching them go by. I was amazed and fascinated. Mind you, did not know what seasickness was at that time. And now, as I am in my forties, I still love to watch them if I have the opportunity, or I create one...

I am really impressed by the love of people for ships. The effort they make to give detailled information about certain ships.

Keep up the good work and thank you very much!

Coastie
24th August 2011, 00:01
A very warm welcome from the sunny (well, maybe not right at this moment!) Isle of Anglesey!

billyboy
24th August 2011, 00:15
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Halinka
24th August 2011, 00:17
Hello,Longimanus :-)
When You read this,imagine-I still have the smile on my face :-)
Why?I'll be trying to explain:
In Your case,the answer seems to be clear-You have had all the beauty of ships at the reach of Your hands.Living in Holland,You have been able to admire them every day,even if You get seasick,with 'every breeze'-You can feel them as the part of Your Life.
Now-think about me:Living all my life as a 'land rat',in the centre of Poland-Warsaw-the capital,I had not very much in common with the big world's ships,I could see them only being on holidays,sometimes taking a small trip at sea with a bigger boat ,or a yacht.I read lots of marine books,trying to learn nautical terms,admiring all people ,who gave their hearts and effort to the sea...And then,suddenly my all dreams have come true-I can see the ships every day,living on the beautiful,green Danish Island,can be here,enjoying this precious site,sharing my ship admiration with many Very Experienced Seamen and learn from Their knowledge.This is the Great Deal!

It's really nice to see You here and read about Your fascination with ships.
-Greetings from DK-Halinka-

captain61
24th August 2011, 10:22
Welcome aboard this great site

Stephen

hawkey01
24th August 2011, 16:06
Longimanus,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hakwey01