Port Auckland

Jed Partington
26th August 2011, 10:10
I am a new member
I joined the M V Port Auckland as a junior engineer in Singapores Keppal shipyard when vessel was being converted to a sheep carrier. The name of the vessel was changed to M V Mashallah. As a first tripper it really was an experiance not to be forgotten, I sailed with the vessal for nine months first trip, and five months second trip.
The ship was hard work but had a great time (not just in the yummie bar in Keppal Road)running between Fremantle and the Gulf. I met some really good guys I did hear there was a fire on board in the second or third year after converstion.
Jed Partington

26th August 2011, 11:05
Welcome aboard this great site

26th August 2011, 12:25
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

26th August 2011, 12:54
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

26th August 2011, 14:15
Welcome aboard from Brisbane in Oz. enjoy the trip and meet the crew.

26th August 2011, 16:57
Greetings Jed and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Don Matheson
26th August 2011, 22:48
Welcome to SN Jed, hope you are enjoying the site.
Worked on the Port Auckland many years ago in Glasgow when we overhauled both main engines, lot of work but I enjoyed the ship and the engine room staff were very helpful. They made the job just that wee bit easier.

13th September 2011, 12:03
Hi Jed, I was 5th Engineer on Port Auckland 1960-61. Did 1 round trip London-Suez-OZ-NZ-Panama-London. Was always proud to have done a round the world voyage and got paid for it. She was a fine ship, so was surprised to see that she became a sheep transporter.
Cheers, Mike Lowe

31st August 2015, 11:20
Hi Jed
I have just found this website. We were together on the Mashaalah standing by in Singapore. That maiden voyage was something else, we worked hard and played hard. No one would stand next to you at the bar when the jabsco pumps had to be unblocked. We had some good night's in Perth.
Hope you are fit and well.