Introducing myself: ROLF Nilsen.

Orlogskaptein Leif Nilsen
27th August 2011, 10:06
Hi to you all. Im not the awerage sailor, but do this to look around to see if my Dad did give me any Sisters/Brothers around in the world.
And if any one did sail whit him.
If any one know anything about him please mail me.
He died in 1978 from Canser, and in his 21year as my dad, he was only home 4 years in total, so I only want to know more about my Dad, I did love him, but at the time it was not time to show it in real.

Plz dont hesitate, any thing that can bring him closer to me.
My name is LEIF GRAMFORD NILSEN.

billyboy
27th August 2011, 10:28
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer.
It might be a help if you had some more details of your late fathers career. Name of ships, dates and things like that. Its quite possible one of his old shipmates is a member of this great site.

27th August 2011, 10:37
HI there, and thx..Well the thing is he was kind bissi on his ships, and I was the same on starting my Prof, I joined the Military, and we did not talk a lot, since he was never home, last year before he died only.
I do rem name like JAMES STOVE, BELL BLUE, his ships did go a lot to the "LAKES" in north Amerika..LUMBER,Timber, that must have been in the 60s and 70s.
He was a Captain of the Old school..lol..he meet my Mum as well, and im MADE IN the pasifick oaceean. Mums name is LIV, I have only 3 photos from the time, I dont know what he did under 1940 to 45 but I belive he was out there in a ship.

linerrich
27th August 2011, 10:59
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

hawkey01
27th August 2011, 11:53
Leif,

welcome to SN. I wish you well with your research.

Hawkey01

GWB
27th August 2011, 12:17
Welcome aboard enjoy the trip.

Frank P
28th August 2011, 09:32
Welcome onboard Leif, enjoy the site. I hope that you find some information about your father. Do you know which companies he worked for? I sailed on Norwegian ships for about 6 years in the 1960's/1970's.

Cheers Frank

28th August 2011, 09:41
Welcome onboard Leif, enjoy the site. I hope that you find some information about your father. Do you know which companies he worked for? I sailed on Norwegian ships for about 6 years in the 1960's/1970's.

Cheers Frank

HI there FRANK...nice of you to look at this then..
well he was on STOVE SHIPPING a Norwegian company.
Christian Smith shipping. I belive its all part of Stove Chipping, it had to do to som split in the company early years. But Dad was a kind of FLAG Kaptein. He was in Japan at one times, then they send him back to Germany to take out NEW ship, to me it was like every times it was a new ship he had to go there and take here out.

James Stove was world largest ship for at least 6 months.

Lol. Even I meet in NEW ORLEANS one time a TAXI driver who had been out in one Norwegian ship, and he told me that the Captain was from North of Norway, and his name was ROLF, so it was my dad who was his Comander at the time.

I realy hope to find more, and when I get my belongings from the Carribien send over to Norway, I can find some Photos of Dad as well.
Take care then Frank, and have a good late summer, where ever u are.

R58484956
28th August 2011, 16:55
Greetings Leif and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

28th August 2011, 16:59
Greetings Leif and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Thank you, and also thanks to everyone else in here. Nice to have a Seabreeze from you all.
(Wave)

Frank P
29th August 2011, 10:03
Hello Leif, thanks for the greetings, I am at the moment in the UK.

I never sailed with the Stove company. The companies/ships I sailed on were.

Mil Tank Rederi.... M/T Norsk Viking
Svend Foyn Bruun.... M/T Pet
M. Christian Stray.... M/S Arabella
Westfal Larsen.... M/T Hallanger
Olaf Pedersen.... M/T Sunny Prince
DBDS (Bergen Line).... M/S Estrella
DBDS (Bergen Line).... M/S Royal Viking Star

All the best Frank

gdynia
30th August 2011, 06:31
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage