RFA Wave Ruler

King Ratt
7th September 2011, 14:01
Wave Ruler Captain and crew getting a big thanks today at Prime Minister's question time. Appreciation for assistance post hurricane Irene plus other global support. Nice to hear the ship referred to as Royal Fleet Auxiliary and not the usual "navy tanker" or even HMS.
BZ also from me.

Mick Spear
7th September 2011, 14:06
Hi Rab
I think Captain Steve Norris is on there as CO at the moment? Nice guy, good to see him and the crowd getting some praise.
Mick S

LouisB
7th September 2011, 15:18
Yes Rab,
Very nice to see the vessel, crew and RFA get plaudits.

LouisB

King Ratt
7th September 2011, 16:59
Hello Mick and LB. Aye, good stuff and Captain Norris was mentioned by name in the PMQs. Trust you are both in good shape and I expect Mick will be looking after the ships in the manner we were used to in days long gone by.

the brit
7th September 2011, 19:32
Mr Matthew Offord (Hendon) (Con): While much attention is being paid to the military activities occurring in Libya over the summer, will the Prime Minister join me in congratulating Captain Steve Norris and the crew of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary’s Wave Ruler in the work they are doing combating drugs in the Caribbean? Not only did they intercept £50 million of cocaine over the summer, but they have also been helping humanitarian efforts in the Overseas Territories following Hurricane Irene.

The Prime Minister: My hon. Friend makes an important point. While we obviously should focus on and praise the incredible work that our services have done in Libya and Afghanistan, there are the ongoing tasks. He talks about drug interdiction in the West Indies. There is also the task of protecting the Falkland Islands. There is the work that we are doing to prevent piracy off the horn of Africa. In all these tasks people are giving a huge amount of time and effort, and we should praise and thank them for what they do.

just thought i'd post the remarks mentioned in todays question period.

TARBATNESS
8th September 2011, 14:19
BZ to Steve and nice to see the ship in good hands.