Willie Duff Chief Engineer

Jim S
23rd September 2011, 19:27
I have just heard that Willie Duff died on Wednesday 21st September 2011. An engineer with Fyffes in the 1960's - until I lost track of him in the 1980's when he was C/E on the M-Class motorships.

Willie would have been about 80 years of age and came from Wallasey

harryc1939
30th September 2011, 16:26
I have just heard that Willie Duff died on Wednesday 21st September 2011. An engineer with Fyffes in the 1960's - until I lost track of him in the 1980's when he was C/E on the M-Class motorships.

Willie would have been about 80 years of age and came from Wallasey

Sorry to hear of the passing of Willie Duff (Plum) sailed with him when he was 2nd on the Golfito and Frank Meredith was Chief .
Willie was a fine Officer and Gentleman,and aGood Engineer.

harry Campbell

bloomdido
31st October 2012, 18:57
sorry to hear about willie,ill let my dad know,as he always spoke highly of him.

Tony Galt
10th January 2013, 19:07
Sorry to hear of the passing of Willie Duff (Plum) sailed with him when he was 2nd on the Golfito and Frank Meredith was Chief .
Willie was a fine Officer and Gentleman,and aGood Engineer.

harry Campbell

Always sad to hear of a former shipmate passing. I sailed on the old Matina, (the old Scottish built steamship, not the Japanese built motorship) with him. He as 2nd Eng while was Deck Apprentice.

Tony Galt

A.J.McMahon
31st January 2013, 17:48
Always sad to hear of a former shipmate passing. I sailed on the old Matina, (the old Scottish built steamship, not the Japanese built motorship) with him. He as 2nd Eng while was Deck Apprentice.

Tony Galt

I agree Tony, Willie was a good shipmate, I sailed with him, on the Matina when he was sailing as 2nd eng. If I recall correctly, John Gay was Ch.eng.

Tony Galt
31st January 2013, 19:03
AJ. I made only one six month trip on the Chatty Matty. In fact it was her last commercial voyage. After that voyage she was tied up in Southampton with a tarp over her funnel until she went to scrap. On that last commercial voyage Bill (Bull) Young was Master, Noddy Thomas was Mate, Hughey King was the 'Lecky and I think that it was Peter Parry who was the Chief. It was a long time ago so I may be mistaken about the Chief.