Cornelia

KEITH SEVILLE
24th September 2011, 08:06
I have noticed that the Trailing Suction Dredger Cornelia has been take in tow bound for Dordrecht. Her name painted out and it looks as though her funnel also.
Reading in dutch Aan de allerlaatste reis bezig 22/9/2011 op de
nieuwe.
Can any of our members confirm what is happening to her and also
a translation in english please???

Regards
Keith

ART6
24th September 2011, 12:30
Using Google Translate the Dutch translates as "On the last trip on the busy 09/22/2011 new". whatever that means! Also, another bit of Googling reveals: http://www.dredgepoint.org/dredging-database/equipment/cornelia

Dutch owned, and going home by the sound of it. The AIS now available in SN shows her currently just about to enter the port of Terneuzen in Holland. If you click on "Marine Traffic" on the top of the home page, then in the left panel that has the title "Go to vessel" the site will show you where she is at this moment.

Degzie
24th September 2011, 13:51
Hi keith
The Cornelia has been scrapped according to VeriSTAR link below
http://www.veristar.com/wps/portal/equasis?IMO=8019277
cheers
Degzie

KEITH SEVILLE
24th September 2011, 15:15
Thankyou to both of you for that information.

Best Regards
Keith

flijm
26th September 2011, 08:50
I have noticed that the Trailing Suction Dredger Cornelia has been take in tow bound for Dordrecht. Her name painted out and it looks as though her funnel also.
Reading in dutch Aan de allerlaatste reis bezig 22/9/2011 op de
nieuwe.
Can any of our members confirm what is happening to her and also
a translation in english please???

Regards
Keith

Trailing hopper dredger "Cornelia" is on het way to the ship breakers in Flushing.

KEITH SEVILLE
26th September 2011, 09:24
Thanks for the information Flijm.

Regards
Keith

Pobydd
27th March 2014, 23:42
I was saddened to read that the Cornelia had been scrapped in 2011. I was on board for her trials and first contracts in Rotterdam and Wilhelmshaven in 1981 whilst working for Baggermaatschappij Breejenbout. Whilst dredging in shallow water behind the oil jetties at Wilhelmshaven, she managed to lose both her dragheads within 15 minutes! As I recall this was due to her "sitting" on them on a falling tide. There were problems with excessive vibration when new, I think this was solved by installing modified propellers.

Pobydd