Complexities of Modern Shipping

flyer682
3rd January 2006, 10:42
Seen at Lyttelton yesterday (3 Jan):
The container ship NEDLLOYD MARITA with the Blue Star house flag painted on the side of the accommodation and Maersk funnel markings.
I only wish I'd had my camera with me....

tanker
3rd January 2006, 11:11
Yes my friend today (the colours the owners the charters)very confusions somtimes!!!!
Gp

ruud
3rd January 2006, 11:16
Ahoy David,

Just go to Pt.Chalmers, and you can make that piccie even now.(*))

Thamesphil
3rd January 2006, 14:49
P&ONL inherited the rights to the Blue Star name (and flag/logo) when they took over the old Blue Star Line in the late 90s. However, they did not use it until some years later when they set up a new German shipowning subsidiary to take advantage of the German K.G. tax system. This company, Blue Star Reederei, uses the old Blue Star Line houseflag. Now, of course, P&ONL has been purchased outright by A.P. Moller-Maersk and all P&ONL ships, including those owned by Blue Star Reederei, are being repainted in the Maersk scheme.

So quite simple really (*))

david
14th February 2006, 00:33
One of her sisters was in Brisbane a week or so ago (Name escapes me) and had a black funnel, no markings! Must be a huge, super expensive job, the changeover not only of names an funnels, but hull colors. I Wonder what will happen to the dozens of chartered tonnage?-