M/V Thames

Gorhol
6th October 2011, 14:03
Odd goings on at Shoreham recently, as I have noticed that the Cemex owned Sand Harrier has been delivering to the Dudman site. This is usually done by the Dudman owned Thames (ex Pelicano, ex Arco Thames). A quick search shows Thames heading off to Kaliningrad, Russia at the end of July.

Any clues anyone?

Regards
Gor

Stevie B
6th October 2011, 18:54
Yes I have answer, she is still in Kaliningrad. Dry docking and change of flag.

Gorhol
10th October 2011, 13:41
Cheers for the info Steve.

Regards
Gor

Stevie B
10th October 2011, 13:49
Cheers for the info Steve.

Regards
Gor

Hope to sail this weekend or early next week, back to UK.

Out of interest, I know the Donald Redford went for scrap, anybody got any pictures of her being cut up ?

granty
10th October 2011, 14:20
hi
there a picture of her at the berth waiting to be cut up in one of the monthly
mags ill copy it for you in case you dont get your copy
its been lovely and quite with out you
cheers
granty

Stevie B
10th October 2011, 14:48
hi
there a picture of her at the berth waiting to be cut up in one of the monthly
mags ill copy it for you in case you dont get your copy
its been lovely and quite with out you
cheers
granty

See your doing bugger all then !!. I've lost the will to live out here !!!

granty
10th October 2011, 17:57
hi
he picture is in coastal shipping mag
i have told immigration not to let you back in the uk we dont want any foriegn
workers over here so captain brabantski stay there
see you wed if you coming home
cheers
granty

Gorhol
20th February 2013, 04:20
Oh dear, Dudman have gone into administration and the ships of the independent shipping company, of which Thames is one, have been tied up for the last couple of weeks.

Gorhol
24th February 2013, 00:18
Well it turns out that Thames, along with the rest of the ship's of the Independent Shipping Company, has actually been arrested by the Admiralty Marshall and is likely to be stuck in port for some time.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10247339.Ships_stuck_permanently_in_Sussex_ports/

Sad news indeed.

Stevie B
31st March 2013, 11:06
Final resting place of Thames, never to sail again.

sandman
31st March 2013, 16:38
What is happening to the old girl steve, and where was the photo taken. Always thought she was the best ship in the ARC fleet.

Stevie B
31st March 2013, 16:47
Sadly she's going to be cut up. Although a lot of people know where she gone I've been asked not to say at the moment. Took her there on Friday/Saturday.
Yes a good ship and I had a good five years on her

sandman
31st March 2013, 20:55
Cheers steve,shame just short of her 40th year in service.

Stevie B
31st March 2013, 22:17
Yes, she had a good innings, I enjoyed every minute. Shame really she still had a few years in her but the recession and being due for a special in a few months meant it was the end.

booma
31st March 2013, 23:37
Thames from MarineTraffic.com. Last Known Port: GENT. ETA: 2013-03-29 19:30. SAS VAN GENT Arrival 2013-03-29 18:50.

Gorhol
2nd April 2013, 02:49
This is such sad news, she was a regular at Shoreham and seemed to be in fine form. I can't believe they are going to scrap her. Gutted.

Gor

Stevie B
2nd April 2013, 07:08
This is such sad news, she was a regular at Shoreham and seemed to be in fine form. I can't believe they are going to scrap her. Gutted.

Gor

Yes, for her age and being a dredger she was it good condition and still had some life in her. A well built ship from a British yard.

sandman
1st August 2014, 14:33
She's on the move again, now south of Newhaven, heading down channel.

Stevie B
4th August 2014, 19:04
Yes, saved from the torch, a new start for the old girl. Been reflagged in Cape Verde and going to run between CV and West Africa somewhere, not sure where she's going exactly, the crew haven't updated the AIS, she off of Portugal now, nearly 6 years exactly since I sailed her the other way to the UK.