ssRomford

alan ward
10th October 2011, 11:41
I found a reference for my Uncle Arthur who sailed on the Romford in 1903,the Master Henderson gow describes him as a `Willing and obedient lad`has anyone for a picture of the Romford anywhere?

stores
10th October 2011, 12:14
I Have A Photo If Her, Not Very Good, But Have Found It Impossible To Find Another.(Scribe)

exsailor
10th October 2011, 12:25
Alan,

Photo and some info on 'Romford' at www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?97117
(Click on small thumbnail picture. It will appear as a larger thumbnail - click on that again for large picture).

Dennis.

alan ward
10th October 2011, 13:54
Thank you,how interesting to see the Ropner connection.I met the current Lord Ropner at the arden show at Harropgate a few years ago.A really pleasant chap,we made a site visit to try and place a gazebo somewhere in his grounds.his house had the old company house flag flying outside the main entrance

alan ward
10th October 2011, 13:57
Thank you,how interesting to see the Ropner connection.I met the current Lord Ropner at the arden show at Harropgate a few years ago.A really pleasant chap,we made a site visit to try and place a gazebo somewhere in his grounds.his house had the old company house flag flying outside the main entrance

it wasn`t a `arden` show but a garden show,the g button on my pc is reluctant to work!

alastair.k
21st April 2012, 18:10
anyone who sailed on the Willesden or the Windsor in the mid 50,s 1953-1957
alastair kerr, my nick name in july 1953 when I joined the Beaconsfield for my first trip was Monavin after the that horse won the national that year,
anyone remeber me