Lost Photo,s

David Williams
10th October 2011, 14:05
Hi Everybody.
Help.I have a Fuji R5000 digital camera,and seem to
have lost some photo,s.After taking photos,I looked
on display to see how they had come out.No prpblem.
Downloaded them into my computer,and noticed that
some were missing.I cant imagine what could have
happened to these photo,s.Could they be somewhere
else in the camera,that I dont know about.I am not very
clued up on camera,s,just focus and shoot is about my
expertise.I will be very thankful for any help available.

Dave Williams

fitz1925
10th October 2011, 14:24
Hi David
Sounds like you have a corrupt memory card
Depending on what memory card you ave take it to asda and ask them to print the photos just in case the reader in there machine may see them
I still think even these days we should all make a hard copy of what we photograph as we can lose the images so easily
Best regards
Peter

Dickyboy
10th October 2011, 14:41
Some might have been stored in the camera's own memory, and the others on the memory card. The Camera's memory doesn't hold very many, and when that was full might have put the rest on the card, or visa versa, if the card is small.
Not very well explained I'm afraid, but that might be the answer.

David Williams
10th October 2011, 15:03
Some might have been stored in the camera's own memory, and the others on the memory card. The Camera's memory doesn't hold very many, and when that was full might have put the rest on the card, or visa versa, if the card is small.

Hi Dickie.

Many thanks for the info.I to was a BP man for
a while.Sailed out from Swansea on the British
Pioneer,Resource,Envoy,Duke and the Hero,
way back in the fifties.

Dave Williams

David Williams
10th October 2011, 15:05
Hi David
Sounds like you have a corrupt memory card
Depending on what memory card you ave take it to asda and ask them to print the photos just in case the reader in there machine may see them
I still think even these days we should all make a hard copy of what we photograph as we can lose the images so easily
Best regards
Peter

Hi Peter.
Many thanks for the info,will most certainly
give that a try.

Dave Williams

David Williams
10th October 2011, 15:08

Hi Dichie.
Me again,forgot to say that I never got to Abadan.
Went to Mena few times and Basra a few times.

Dave Williams

Duncan112
10th October 2011, 17:17
Try removing the memory card from the camera then reviewing the camera memory on the screen, if there are photos on the camera's internal memory then you will see them, if so plug the cardless camera into the pc and download the photos.

If the camera shows a "no media installed" message then there is no internal memory so the photos must be on the card, find someone with a card reader attached to their pc (if you have a lap top there may be an integral one) and insert the card. Close all dialogue boxes that open inviting you to download the photos and using the "My Computer" function from the start menu open the memory card, you will see one or more files displayed, open each of these in turn, if you are lucky your photos will be in one of these files, if they have been corrupted then they will display as a thumbnail with a red cross through. Your local PC independent (NOT COMET/PC WORLD) may be able to do something.

Just a final thought, you didn't take the missing photos as RAW files by mistake did you? you will only be able to see these using either the camera makers own software or Adobe photoshop or similar.

Dickyboy
10th October 2011, 19:49
Hi Dichie.
Me again,forgot to say that I never got to Abadan.
Went to Mena few times and Basra a few times.

Dave Williams

Hi Dave, I think you might have been with BP a bit before my time. I was with 'em from 67-77. Went to Mena, Kharg etc quite a few times though. (Thumb)

Peter Raw
11th October 2011, 07:49
David, a couple of things before we start the hunt,are they still showing up on the cameras display screen ? What software did you use to download the pics,was it the prog that came with the camera or a proprietary one like Picassa etc. And also are you on Windows XP,Vista or 7.

David Williams
14th October 2011, 11:37
Hi Dave, I think you might have been with BP a bit before my time. I was with 'em from 67-77. Went to Mena, Kharg etc quite a few times though. (Thumb)

Hi Dickie.

I was at sea from 1952 until 1959.

Dave Williams.

andysk
14th October 2011, 12:30
There are a number of programmes for file recovery in this sort of situation, you could try www.tucows.com for suitable products, some is free, some is shareware (donation), some costs.

I have no connexion with Tucows I hasten to add !

David Wilcockson
14th October 2011, 21:04
Please take great care if downloading or using tucows as I tried it & then spent more than an hour trying to uninstall it when it sent my pc haywire, I may just have been unlucky though. Still not sure if pc has settled down.
Cheers,
David

andysk
16th October 2011, 19:56
Hi David ...

Not sure what happened to you, but Tuows is just a form of a listing and reviewing site, they facilitate links to locations where you can download the particular software you want from. That's where I got my copies of IrfanView from.

Maybe you picked up a bit of malware at the same time - hope you are sorted now ....

Cheers

Andy