Highbury Tech. Engineers Vacation Course

fishcake
13th October 2011, 16:04
This pic was taken in the summer of 74, when the college closed for summer hols, exept for engineering cadets who had to stay on for a coarse in the workshops. I can't remember how long this ran for before we were allowed on holiday.

Burntisland Ship Yard
13th October 2011, 18:04
This pic was taken in the summer of 74, when the college closed for summer hols, exept for engineering cadets who had to stay on for a coarse in the workshops. I can't remember how long this ran for before we were allowed on holiday.

I seem to recall that it was either 3 or 4 weeks, sweating in the workshops, I must have missed out being in the picture...
Happy memories....

Cheers

BlueScouse
31st October 2011, 14:19
It was about 6 weeks.We only had 3 weeks summer holiday.
Remember it as being a scorcher of a summer.
Can recognise a few people on the photo, bit I am not on it.
Dave Garner, Cunard cadet.
I am now in Daewoo shipyard in Korea, leaving tomorrow for 4 days of sea trials on a new ship. As far as I know, only me and Mick Packer (Chevron) are still at sea.I work for Maersk.

Burntisland Ship Yard
31st October 2011, 18:33
It was about 6 weeks.We only had 3 weeks summer holiday.
Remember it as being a scorcher of a summer.
Can recognise a few people on the photo, bit I am not on it.
Dave Garner, Cunard cadet.
I am now in Daewoo shipyard in Korea, leaving tomorrow for 4 days of sea trials on a new ship. As far as I know, only me and Mick Packer (Chevron) are still at sea.I work for Maersk.

Hi Dave, lomg time, but do remember you.... great to see some one has kept their shifter in their boiler suit !

Was Mick Packer also known as "Pac A Mack"........

Have a successfuly "cruise"...