Highland Pioneer & trader

Compass Rose
19th October 2011, 10:23
I have noticed that the Highland Pioneer has left Liverpool Bay area where she has been working for a few years, she has moved up to the Moray Firth area and has been replaced by the Highland Trader.

Could any member explain why this move would be, just curious thanks

Burned Toast
20th October 2011, 09:39
Pioneer on way to Denmark according to AIS?

Scott L
22nd October 2011, 21:58
Highland Pioneer was handed over to new owners Blue Star Line (the Danish one!) yesterday (21/10/11) in Odense, Denmark. I believe they intend to strip her out, fit DP2 and use her for windfarm support. The [considerably younger]Highland Trader takes over the Liverpool and Morecambe Bay production support charter for BHP Billiton & Centrica for 5 years.

Compass Rose
23rd October 2011, 09:33
Thanks Scott & Burned Toast for the reply, will have to keep an eye out for some photo's is she comes into Liverpool.

Mick styles
8th November 2011, 20:15
Highland Pioneer was handed over to new owners Blue Star Line (the Danish one!) yesterday (21/10/11) in Odense, Denmark. I believe they intend to strip her out, fit DP2 and use her for windfarm support. The [considerably younger]Highland Trader takes over the Liverpool and Morecambe Bay production support charter for BHP Billiton & Centrica for 5 years.

Hi Scott, I am now retired.was just wondering if all the pioneers crew changed over to the trader.Have been trying to get in touch with Charlie but keep getting number not available.Give my regards to the lads.Mick

Treborvfr
11th November 2011, 07:04
was just wondering if all the pioneers crew changed over to the trader.

I'm in Centrica's Morecambe field, speaking to one of our Control Room guys yesterday I'm led to believe the crew from the Pioneer are now on the Trader.

Bob

malcolm doherty
15th November 2011, 20:41
moI have noticed that the Highland Pioneer has left Liverpool Bay area where she has been working for a few years, she has moved up to the Moray Firth area and has been replaced by the Highland Trader.

Could any member explain why this move would be, just curious thanks

Yea i was on the highland sprite and the H/Pioneer run out of heyshem to morecambe on supply to the platforms. vroon offshore got the contract and the rest is history

louismacleod
19th November 2011, 22:36
Hi Scott, I am now retired.was just wondering if all the pioneers crew changed over to the trader.Have been trying to get in touch with Charlie but keep getting number not available.Give my regards to the lads.Mick

Hi Mick,
ONLY Scott and myself transferred.Believe Charlie was on the sick,when he was on leave.Don`t have his number but possibly Scott would have it somewhere,
All the best , Louis

Mick styles
21st November 2011, 13:45
Hi Mick,
ONLY Scott and myself transferred.Believe Charlie was on the sick,when he was on leave.Don`t have his number but possibly Scott would have it somewhere,
All the best , Louis

Cheers for that Louis.(Pint)

louismacleod
29th November 2011, 21:59
Still on the Smooth i see Mick !