Looking for naval crew who served in the Falklands War

X2 Productions
26th October 2011, 16:55
Hi,

I work for a tv production company and we are making a documentary featuring the Falklands War. We are keen to get a Naval aspect into the show, talk to some surviving crew members about their experiences etc. If you know of anyone that might be able to help us on the research side of things or be involved in the documentary then please drop me a line at clairejackson@x2p.co.uk or respond to this thread.

Many thanks

Claire Jackson
Production Manager
X2 Productions

The Dog
26th October 2011, 20:59
Hi, doe's that include MN Crews. The Dog

X2 Productions
27th October 2011, 09:41
Yes it does. Anyone that might have some interesting tales to tell, particularly if they are related to the RAF and the sole surviving chinook helicopter that survived when the Atlantic Conveyor was sunk.

X2 Productions
27th October 2011, 11:38
And I meant to say, ideally the more senior the personnel the better.

Does anyone know of any Captains of any ships that had a role in the Falklands War?

Mick Spear
27th October 2011, 14:12
And I meant to say, ideally the more senior the personnel the better.

Does anyone know of any Captains of any ships that had a role in the Falklands War?

Yes there are some that use this site. No doubt they will answer you when they see the thread.
Mick S

Derek Roger
27th October 2011, 19:50
Claire .
I have passed on the message to another member who is contact with a non member who was there with Derek North . He in fact was down to the Falklands a few years ago to lay a wreath on behalf of the merchant navy men lost .
You may well hear from him .
I did sail on the UK coast with Derek North when he was Mate on a Brocklebank ship but have no relavent information regarding your project .
There are a number of threads relating to the Falklands on this site if you wish to do a search .

Hope you get some good feedback from our lads as it is time the merchant navy involvment was made public .

Regards Derek