29th October 2011, 20:08
I think that is the case,sadly.

charles henry
1st November 2011, 17:14
Bletchley Park's Lost Heroes.
BBC 2 TV Scotland
29 Oct 2040-2140
Also available on iPlayer

I find it extremely distastefull as well as idiotic that the UK has started mis-using the word hero. When John Wayne (The actor)
died one misbegotten news company bemoaned the passing of a great American hero....

Hero is a clearly defined word, lets keep it that way. (Incidentally I worked for a while a Bletchley park, I was at sea during the war does that make me a Hero?)

Just my bad temper showing
Chas

Binnacle
1st November 2011, 17:54
I find it extremely distastefull as well as idiotic that the UK has started mis-using the word hero. When John Wayne (The actor)
died one misbegotten news company bemoaned the passing of a great American hero....

Hero is a clearly defined word, lets keep it that way. (Incidentally I worked for a while a Bletchley park, I was at sea during the war does that make me a Hero?)

Just my bad temper showing
Chas

I agree with you. A quick glance at a dictionary would not have gone amiss. Is the iPlayer available in Canada ?

charles henry
1st November 2011, 19:31
I agree with you. A quick glance at a dictionary would not have gone amiss. Is the iPlayer available in Canada ?

Am a bit ashamed to admit it but am not sure what an I player is but yes they are for sale.

Chas

sparkie2182
1st November 2011, 20:04
The B.B.C. requires a licence fee paid yearly..............145.50p
Any device capable of receiving B.B.C. live (or almost) video transmissions in the U.K. requires a licence be it a 56" H.D. T.V. or a small netbook laptop if used for such purposes.

"It is a criminal offence to watch 'live' television without a TV licence or to possess or control a device which you know or reasonably believe will be used to watch 'live' TV without a TV licence. You could be prosecuted and fined up to 1000 (plus be ordered to pay legal costs) for these offences"

As overseas residents do not pay said licence fee........the streaming is blocked.

Technically, there is no requirement for non live transmissions...........i.e. istreaming...................BUT>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/oct/31/bbc-tv-licence-fee-extend-to-iplayer?newsfeed=true

Good innit?