Nautical Magazine

IAN M
9th November 2011, 22:07
The Nautical Magazine, first published by Brown, Son & Ferguson Ltd. of Glasgow in 1832, has been sold to Sea Breezes Publications Ltd. Support has dwindled over the years and the final issue will be published in December, 2011.

John Campbell
10th November 2011, 14:40
The Nautical Magazine, first published by Brown, Son & Ferguson Ltd. of Glasgow in 1832, has been sold to Sea Breezes Publications Ltd. Support has dwindled over the years and the final issue will be published in December, 2011.

sad to see an old favourite go the same way as our fine Merchant Service. The whole collection of Nautical Magazines can be viewed in the library onboard the HCMMs "Wellington". The back issues make fascinating reading and provide a valuable history lesson for all concerned.
JC

Shipbuilder
13th November 2011, 06:58
I have not seen the Nautical Magazine for a number of years, but I know that in the past it was their policy to have no illustrations. If they carried on with that policy, it may well have led to their impending demise!
Bob

Robert Bush
11th January 2013, 17:15
I also was saddened by the passing of the old Magazine. The buyers Sea Breezes have excellent colour photos and the lack of them may have hastened the end as another member noted.

The cost of postage to the US is exorbitant and this affects all UK maritime magazines.

Too bad

Jim the Sawyer
18th March 2013, 05:56
And yet UK tractor magazines sell by the thousands off our farm store book racks. British aviation magazines, such as Flypast, are also big sellers here.