Captain Marc Stone

Hugh Ferguson
14th November 2011, 11:53
Marc and I were ship-mates in the Glenroy in 1950 for two voyages: first voyage as 3rd & 4th mates and second as 2nd & 3rd mates.

The Dolphin, which he skippered for some years, was a specially adapted craft for taking disabled people for trips around Poole Harbour.
We corresponded until just a week or two before he died but never met since going our separate ways in 1950.

Tom Inglis
14th November 2011, 15:03
Marc and I were ship-mates in the Glenroy in 1950 for two voyages: first voyage as 3rd & 4th mates and second as 2nd & 3rd mates.

The Dolphin, which he skippered for some years, was a specially adapted craft for taking disabled people for trips around Poole Harbour.
We corresponded until just a week or two before he died but never met since going our separate ways in 1950.

Hello Hugh,
I am sure that the editor of ONA News letter Ramsey Dugdale would like to include this photo in his next news letter. You could send it to him at onaeditor@hotmail.co.uk

Tom Inglis

Hugh Ferguson
14th November 2011, 16:19
Yes, Tom, I'll do that

Jardine
16th November 2011, 20:31

What rank did Mark Stone attain in the Blue Funnel Line?

Baz1uk
20th November 2011, 12:54
I sailed with Mark Stone on Idomeneus (Ex-Laertes) his first command. He an excellent skipper,and a perfect gentleman.