Usn

brewh
15th November 2011, 19:24
Intimidated by profanity? how times have changed . . .
----------------------------------

Navy: Ex-officer used intimidation

By BROCK VERGAKIS
Associated Press

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- The former commanding officer of a Navy shipyard in Virginia slapped a female worker on the shoulder and regularly yelled at his subordinates while using profanity, intimidating them, a Navy investigative report said.

http://ap.stripes.com/dynamic/stories/U/US_COMMANDING_OFFICER_ASSAULT?SITE=DCSAS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-11-14-15-29-45

stein
15th November 2011, 22:00
Just as long as they're not intimidated by any enemy using rough language and slapping people on the shoulder things should be fine.

barrinoz
16th November 2011, 00:31
Yup. Last thing we need in the military is a propensity for violence- accepted or received!
barrinoz.

Klaatu83
16th November 2011, 02:16
I can't f---ing recall anybody uttering a single f---ing sentence on board any f---ing ship without f---ing lacing it with with plenty of f---ing profanity. I suppose that sort of thing was expected of seamen, and I might venture to say that many of them felt that they couldn't even have made themselves understood without it.

That being said, I cannot recall any officer ever laying hands on a member of the crew. It simply isn't acceptable behavior, and well it shouldn't be.

R396040
16th November 2011, 18:54
As you say used that type of language all the time in the services and in MN BUT you never took it home in those days 1945 to late 7os.
Nowadays its on TV , heard on many streets and really young schoolkids use the F... word (learnt at home?) with a sickening regularity.
Sad but true,
Stuart H