German liner MILWAUKEE

CEYLON220
18th November 2011, 11:59
Looking for information on the German liner MILWAUKEE during WW2 when she was taken over by the German Navy at Kiel in `44 and later in`45 and used as an accommadation ship by the Royal Navy under the heading Naval Party 1734 and renamed ROYAL ALBERT, I believe she was named EMPIRE WAVENEY at some part of her career.

n. liddell (sparks)
18th November 2011, 13:17
Have a look at www.photoship.co.uk - lots of pictures of Milwaukee - hope the one you are looking for is there - BV

CEYLON220
19th November 2011, 10:06
Thanks Sparks, will have a look and see if the MILWAUKEE from WW2 is in there.

Dave

CEYLON220
19th November 2011, 19:27
Have a look at www.photoship.co.uk - lots of pictures of Milwaukee - hope the one you are looking for is there - BV

Sparks, you put me in the right direction for the photos, there was 5 shots of the ship, great. --only need the information about her wartime experience both under the German Navy and the RN where she was renamed ROYAL ALBERT. Thanks again, mate.

Dave.

Ron Hamilton
20th January 2012, 12:33
As a 14yr old I remember a vessel smouldering after a major fire in the Canada Lock ,Liverpool , in 1946, & she was the 'Milwaukee' if I recall correctly ,she was being converted back to peace-time service with the Cunard . Ron