Singapore

DURANGO
19th November 2011, 22:24
I just typed into you tube [ old singapore harbour 1960 ] up came a short peice of old coulor film just over a minute half way through it clearly shown is a Bluey lying alongside only a short glimpse but I have to say it took me back to the golden days best regards Dave .

Jardine
20th November 2011, 09:58
Hello Dave,

Singapore is a place that has changed dramatically. You will remember I'm sure, the BF boats used to berth around No.5 Gate (Tanjong Pagar). Well, all that has changed and TP is right in the middle of a huge container terminal.

Julian Calvin
22nd November 2011, 12:12
Visited last year and, must admit, found it very cold and stark.
Was interested to see though that one line of bars had been kept (memories of Champagne bar & others) although whether they are still in use or just left as 'historic' interest, don't know.
Peoples Park has not changed that much.
What was the name of the basement bar where most people met just down the road from Change Alley?

Hugh Ferguson
22nd November 2011, 16:32
Mr R. Wurtzberg was in the Singapore office when somebody rushed in to tell him that there was a line of Blueys in Keppel Harbour that was worth a photo.
He grabbed a camera, got afloat and took this picture!

forthbridge
22nd November 2011, 16:37
What was the name of the basement bar where most people met just down the road from Change Alley?[/QUOTE]

I think it was alled the cellar bar.

King Ratt
22nd November 2011, 17:02
Cellar Bar it was.