Does anyone remember Mike Peach?

Son of Mike Peach
5th December 2011, 22:48
Hi,
Does anyone remember sailing with my Father Mike Peach in the early/mid 60's on the Blue Funnel Line? He was a 2nd engineer when he left and sailed on ships such as Perseus, Hector and Telemachus.
He would have probably have provided much entertainment on the trips with his singing and accordian playing....
Unfortunately he recently passed away but it would be great to hear from anyone that might have sailed with him.

Many thanks!

Son of Mike Peach
15th December 2011, 22:16
I've put a few pictures up of Mike taken at sea in case it might jog a memory. Thanks for looking anyway!

Larry Brownson
4th March 2012, 11:51
Hi my name is larry brownson and I sailed with your dad we were junior engineers together on the telemachus from the 2nd may 1962 to the 25th october 1962, the other junior engineer was called william wells.
I am so sorry to hear about your dad we were good friends and he used to come around in the evening with a fez on and vest and shorts playing his accordion and we would all follow him into the rec room and have a few beers.
when Mike left the ship it died and all we wanted to do was go home.
We went ashore one night in manila and in the bar the singer was singing opera songs she sang the first verse and Mike started to sing the second everybody went quiet and he sang the second verse and we didnt have to buy a beer all
night they just kept coming in, he had a lovely welsh voice.
I have some photos I will look them out for you.

R58484956
4th March 2012, 12:38
Greetings to both SoMP and Larry both are very welcome to SN. Enjoy the site and bon voyage.

Larry Brownson
4th March 2012, 14:24