Captain Gwylim Roberts

Hank
22nd December 2011, 16:21
I've had an email from a Reg Kelso asking if I knew a Capt Gwylim Roberts. I can't recall the name but said I would ask around. Has anybody come across that name? His email read:

"I recently had a query from The Outward Bound Trust relating to a shipmaster of the above name(nicknamed "dogface") who was at Aberdovey in the 40's. I was there in 1945 from HMS Conway but I don't recall him. Do you have any info.? It was thought he was a Blue Funnel man. Many thanks. Reg Kelso"

If anyone knew him I thought that Hugh might have done but, regrettably, I have lost his email address, so cannot ask him directly.

Best wishes to all for Christmas and the New Year.
John

Jardine
22nd December 2011, 16:49
Hank,

I think he is mentioned on the BF website rhiw.com

Chris Isaac
22nd December 2011, 17:32
I know Reg Kelso but can offer no help with dogface.

Hank
23rd December 2011, 12:13
Thanks for the help. Glynne Pritchard has drawn my attention to the Old Blue Flue Mates thread where Tudor Owen writes :

Hi, I'm new to this site, interested in finding out more about my great uncle, who was a Captain with the Blue Funnel line until about 1946/7. His name was Gwilym Roberts and had the nickname 'Dogface'! Ring any bells with anyone?

No one responded so I presume that no members know of him.

Thanks, anyway.
John

Allan James
28th December 2011, 19:25
Hank, As Jardine says he is mentioned in the website rhiw.com...worth a look
BRegards
Allan

Hank
30th December 2011, 15:23
Hank, As Jardine says he is mentioned in the website rhiw.com...worth a look
BRegards
Allan
Thanks, lads, but I cannot find him anywhere on the Rhiw site. Never mind, I've got an email in the pipeline for Tony and he should be able to confirm one way or the other.
Regards, John

makko
31st December 2011, 14:58
Hank,
Look under the photos of the Super P's.
Rgds.
Dave

Hank
31st December 2011, 16:29
makko,
I can only see Gwilym Owen mentioned there. I know him and it's not him I am looking for.
Cheers, John

Hank
1st January 2012, 14:32
makko,
I can only see Gwilym Owen mentioned there. I know him and it's not him I am looking for.
Cheers, John
On reading again that seems to come across as a bit brusque. It was not meant to be. Apologies.
Cheers, John