WD Mersey

brianrob1961
5th January 2012, 00:14
This may be a dumb question, given the name, but does this ship stay on the MSC and environs all the time, or does it have work elsewhere. Is dredging the MSC a 24/7/365 operation near enough?

Brian.

Frank77
5th January 2012, 01:28
Hi Brian, when I worked on the MSC the WD Seven was the dredger and it was a 24 hour operation,7 days a week,etc, 90% of its work was on the canal, it also went to Heysham to dredge, and dredged sand from the Mersey to discharge at Eastham.

I should think the Mersey does the same pattern.

Frank

brianrob1961
21st January 2012, 23:19
Hi Brian, when I worked on the MSC the WD Seven was the dredger and it was a 24 hour operation,7 days a week,etc, 90% of its work was on the canal, it also went to Heysham to dredge, and dredged sand from the Mersey to discharge at Eastham.

I should think the Mersey does the same pattern.

Frank

WD Mersey is spending a busy day on the upper reaches of the MSC at the moment. She has a busy life, that ship!

Brian.

drewby
9th February 2012, 11:28
She is currently in Newhaven after spending a week in Heysham. Last year she went as far afield as Lisbon, Portugal and the French channel ports.

brianrob1961
9th February 2012, 11:34
She is currently in Newhaven after spending a week in Heysham. Last year she went as far afield as Lisbon, Portugal and the French channel ports.

Yes, when I first signed up to ship tracker last year I thought I noticed her heading for Lisbon. I was curious at the time. And I have been following her visits to Heysham and Newhaven recently.

Brian.

Peter van der Sloot
19th February 2012, 14:55
W.D Medway was re-named W.D Medway II after she was transferred to the Cyprus Flag and in April 2010 she was sold for scrap to van Heijghen at Ghent Belgium.