Apps for Iphone

Anchorman
5th January 2012, 20:15
Anyone know of a list of marine related apps for an Iphone anywhere? Or any apps they have found useful?
Thanks.
Neil

LEEJ
7th January 2012, 15:57
Ship Finder Free is handy.

Anchorman
7th January 2012, 19:37
Thanks LEEJ . When my contract runs out next month I am going to treat myself to an Iphone. I have been told a few apps that I should try. I will add your suggestion to list.
Neil

rknibbs
8th January 2012, 11:53
It depends on what you want to use your iphone for. If you are a yachtsman there are apps for taking bearings through the camera and having electronic charts. For general marine interest the best app is Marine Traffic. There are plenty of apps for tides, weather, etc. So it depends on your personal needs. I use my iphone all the time, the apps are great.

Anchorman
8th January 2012, 12:44
Thanks for positive comment rknibbs. Still seafaring but also have a motor cruiser to play with. I was told the Navionics app was good so will have a try with that one. Trying to keep up with the new technology.
Neil

Oz.
8th January 2012, 13:55
What's APPS ??? Serious question.

rknibbs
8th January 2012, 15:34
Apps are software applications for smart mobile phones. An app is typically written for a specific purpose, for example, weather, news, games, and a thousand and one other subjects - in fact almost anything you can think of. Think of a smart mobile phones as a tiny personal computer loaded with software.