Hendon Tech MAR DIP 1 (Sept '56)

LenT
8th January 2012, 00:34
First 'Alternative Training Scheme' Course at this College, (Now Middx University) commenced Sept '56
I was interviewed for entry at Acton Tech (via Esso) but got diverted to Hendon's initial course. Still keep in touch with Chris Guy(ex Port Line) Colin Busby and Gerald Brown (Shell) Colin Fordham & Lionel Clover ,D.L Morgan(BP) Regretfully , 'Tosher' (Alexander Duncan TOSH) died of Altzheimers some 4 years ago in Q'land, and Dai Morgan is currently 'Terminal' . Once spoke to Roy Stopher(BP) in Soton, some years ago. Ian Saunders(NZS) was here in NZ (in Shipping Corp and Rail Ferries)
LenT

Graham Wallace
12th January 2012, 01:55
Hi Len,

I was a 1955 BP Engineering Apprentice at Acton Tech. I'm, sorry to tell you Roy Stopher died 2002. AD Tosh was a 1956 BP EA at Hendon, but did not know he had died
I also know DL Morgan. John L Whiting is still around.
I'll send you a shipsnostalgia Email .

Graham Wallace

LenT
12th January 2012, 04:41
First 'Alternative Training Scheme' Course at this College, (Now Middx University) commenced Sept '56
I was interviewed for entry at Acton Tech (via Esso) but got diverted to Hendon's initial course. Still keep in touch with Chris Guy(ex Port Line) Colin Busby and Gerald Brown (Shell) Colin Fordham & Lionel Clover ,D.L Morgan(BP) Regretfully , 'Tosher' (Alexander Duncan TOSH) died of Altzheimers some 4 years ago in Q'land, and Dai Morgan is currently 'Terminal' . Once spoke to Roy Stopher(BP) in Soton, some years ago. Ian Saunders(NZS) was here in NZ (in Shipping Corp and Rail Ferries)
LenT

Obviously, sorry to hear of Roy. He was/or had been a non-exclusive surveyor for DnV . Tosher had been Senior Ship and Engine Surveyor for Lloyds . Dai obtained his Extras, MIMechE and a Business Management degree before a brief sojourn with SS&A and the MOT and subsequently became the Business Manager for "The Institute" Have replied to your e-mail with other stuff!!
LenT

Duncan112
12th January 2012, 17:58
Sailed with Colin Busby in CNCo, a gentleman and one of the finest Chief Engineers I have ever met.

LenT
16th January 2012, 02:44
Sailed with Colin Busby in CNCo, a gentleman and one of the finest Chief Engineers I have ever met.

Colin and wife are still going strong in Perth. I was in UK from mid Feb last year coming back to NZ at end of April. So, I just missed him in UK. Last time I saw him was I think on the Chitral!! in Wtn. Stalky ex SSA was there

Duncan112
16th January 2012, 17:31
That was where I sailed with Colin (And Stalky) lost touch with Stalky unfortunately, got his email last year but no reply.