T.S.S Maheno

mahenoguy
8th January 2012, 14:02
Haven't posted for a while but just wanted to let you all know I have a very large collection of Artefacts from the U.S.S.co's Maheno of 1905 . I began compiling info and photo's on this vessel from about 1992 when i first visited the wreck on Fraser Island , with the Intention of writing a book on the famous liner . This has grown to an obsession and in my research i have meet many people who owned pieces of the ship sold at auction after failed refloating attemps in 1935 . After years of pestering and many $$$$ 's spent , I now own hundreds of pieces from this vessel which i hope to soon set up on permanent public display somewere in the Fraser Coast district. I held a weekend display of my collection in 2010 and over 1000 people showed up ( making the front page of the following mornings local paper ) and proving the disappearing wreck still draws a lot of interest . If anyone is interested let me know and i'll post some pic's

mahenoguy
17th January 2012, 17:16
here are a few of my maheno artefacts . i have many more if anyone is interested , let me know.The panelling is from the Ist class Smoking room ( i have included a pic of it in its original position . the card table is from the same room . the other picture is just a general shot of a couple of my washstands and a 1st and 2nd class dining saloon chair(s).will post some pics of models i have of this vessel in the model section.
Cheers

mahenoguy
17th January 2012, 17:23
more maheno stuff . saloon chairs , washstands skylight panels

Ferry Man
2nd February 2012, 06:50
Those are some interesting pieces you have there.. 2 questions, can I see more period photos? and are you still planning the book?
The Maheno has always been one ship I've been quite interested in.

Thanks for sharing!

trotterdotpom
2nd February 2012, 09:55
Good work Mahenoguy, some great relics. How long before Maheno goes the same way as "Cherry Venture" - I heard she's just a hole in the sand now.

John T

thevoice
14th April 2012, 04:09
Hi Maheno Guy... Saw your post Photos.I have a Maheno Chair the same as the one you have to the right of the washstand photo.Mine is number 87. Thought you might like to know.