"chippy" on the willesden

johnar
25th January 2012, 17:32
hi there, any one sailed on the WILLESDEN december 1949 my father was carpenter aboard and unfortunately died a few days o/bound and was buried at sea. several of the crew at the time were on my first ship the BEACONSFIELD later. would be very pleased to hear from anyone --roger--vvv---

stores
25th January 2012, 19:30
hi. my brother was on the beaconsfield, his first ship, pantry boy, galley boy, west african run, then japan run, his name paul jarvis. later a cook.(Scribe)

John Rogers
25th January 2012, 20:25
Johnar,did we sail together on the Beckenham back in August thru September of 1952.? I was storekeeper at that time. I was also on the Willesden for two trips prior to joining the Beckenham,we were doing the Norway to North Africa run back then.

John.

johnar
26th January 2012, 11:19
hi. my brother was on the beaconsfield, his first ship, pantry boy, galley boy, west african run, then japan run, his name paul jarvis. later a cook.(Scribe)

Hi there, 1 did two trips on the BEACONSFIELD jan '51 thru july 51 and sep '51 thru dec 51. What date was your brother on her?

Roger---

johnar
26th January 2012, 11:29
Johnar,did we sail together on the Beckenham back in August thru September of 1952.? I was storekeeper at that time. I was also on the Willesden for two trips prior to joining the Beckenham,we were doing the Norway to North Africa run back then.

John.

Hello John, dont think so.I signed on the BECKENHAM Feb '52 thru July '52 so it would seem the trip before you! What dates were you on the WILLESDEN ?

Roger---

John Rogers
26th January 2012, 12:39
I joined the Willesden in Avonmouth the end of June 1952,done two trips on her and then she went into dry-dock,took a weeks leave and they asked me to join the Beckenham. I should have stayed with Watts Watts,great crew,good trips,and a good position,but my girl friend wanted me home,six months later she dumped me.

John.

stores
26th January 2012, 13:26
he was on her 1955 /56, joined her in drydock at readheads,(Scribe)