Catering Ranks

ALAN TYLER
26th January 2012, 12:50
Just come across and old Discharge book of Robert George Hook R36483. His rating on the Strathmore & Corfu was B.C.S. Does this stand for Bedroom Cabin Steward?

Burned Toast
26th January 2012, 13:37
Just come across and old Discharge book of Robert George Hook R36483. His rating on the Strathmore & Corfu was B.C.S. Does this stand for Bedroom Cabin Steward?

Plenty of different ranks Alan on the pax boats in catering:-

Bedroom Stwd-Public room Stwd-First class waiter - Tourist class waiter - and many more I would imagine.

Ray

chris8527
26th January 2012, 14:14

Yes, it does stand for Bedroom Cabin Steward.

R396040
26th January 2012, 14:51

BRS was the normal entry as Bedroom stwd on P&O ships & others in my day though Robert was a little before me looking at dis/bk no. Mine was R396040.Cant figure out what BCS could stand for
Stuart

alan ward
2nd February 2012, 15:19
Go to Enclyopedia Titanica,look at the crew list there,it has jobs I`ve never seen before Turkish Bath Attendants etc.The purser staff shows a list like the Census