Indian Prince - sunk 11 Nov 1943

ianhayden
12th February 2012, 11:47
I'm trying to locate any publications dealing with the sinking of the MV Indian Prince off Oran on 11th November 1943. The basic facts are available in a number of WWII convoy websites but I'm hoping to track down any detailed descriptions from books etc. Survivor's memoirs would be particularly interesting.

My 91yr-old father's memory is failing and I'd like to confirm if some survivors were rescued by an Italian warship and interned in North Africa (Algiers?).

thanks, Ian

IAN M
9th May 2012, 02:03
I'm trying to locate any publications dealing with the sinking of the MV Indian Prince off Oran on 11th November 1943. The basic facts are available in a number of WWII convoy websites but I'm hoping to track down any detailed descriptions from books etc. Survivor's memoirs would be particularly interesting.

My 91yr-old father's memory is failing and I'd like to confirm if some survivors were rescued by an Italian warship and interned in North Africa (Algiers?).

thanks, Ian

Dear Ian

As Algeria had been in Allied hands for a year (see Operation Torch), survivors would not have been interned. I was in Algiers that November as my ship, the Samite, had been severely damaged by a glider bomb on 4th October.

Regards

A.D.FROST
9th May 2012, 09:52

thanks, Ian

27477from "Pride of Princes by N.L.Middlemiss