RMAS Salmaid

BUGGINS
24th February 2012, 18:20
February 2012, reported as sold at Greenock and renamed Kommandor Calum.

roofaerosyth
24th February 2012, 20:59
was she the one that had a wee bit of damage buggins ? salmoors the best built out of the 3 sisters and hence, i thought she would go first out of the remaining 2.cheers.roo.

nodes
16th April 2012, 10:29
I heard that the Salmaid broke out leaking in the forward bowthruster compartment, hull stress fractures. The Salmoor was damaged once in about 2002 when a certain master tried to dig a new drydock when entering Greenock Great Harbour, to this day no one officially knows what went wrong, but the jungle drums told an interesting tale.

roofaerosyth
16th April 2012, 21:39
was the salmaid leaking recent? i thought she had been sold?and is she still at great harbour or is she away to her new owners? and who are the new owners?(a lot of questions but i like to be kept up to date lol)cheers

Slowone
17th April 2012, 20:03
The modifications to the bow of Salmoor after its "in off" at Great Harbour were a very expensive repair, I was always amazed the General Manager didn't blow a fuse over the incident, those involved must have had teflon coated coke bottle shoulders - well I know they did. I just had to sign off the bill!

mil511mariner
18th April 2012, 11:47
Concur

polsteam
3rd August 2012, 20:27
SD Salmaid, now renamed Kommandor Calum, is currently being towed to Gdynia, Poland, reportedly - according to one website - to be converted.

Does anyone know and might share knowledge on what will she be converted into and for which owner, please?...

roofaerosyth
10th August 2012, 23:29
SD Salmaid, now renamed Kommandor Calum, is currently being towed to Gdynia, Poland, reportedly - according to one website - to be converted.

Does anyone know and might share knowledge on what will she be converted into and for which owner, please?...

absolutely polsteam.she has been bought by hays ships of aberdeen.she will be having her horns removed and the accomodation will be upgraded as far as im aware.hays supply ships for research , survey , and patrol duties.also her sister , sd salmoor has been bought by hays ships.shes now called kommander iona.hope this helps.cheers.ROO