GEORGE1
6th February 2006, 00:13
a free editing photo program down load from google dose not use much room
and it's free
regards george1 (Pint)

Lifeboat1721
18th March 2007, 21:22
Hi george1,

I have been using it for quit a while and it is so easy but if I want to experiment I still use photoshop.

Regards Ian

stein
23rd April 2007, 06:22
I've compared Picasa with another free program: Irfanview, and Irfanview wins hands down. In Picasa it's easier to get an overview of what you got. If you want to manipulate the pictures in any way, Irfanview is far better. They're not that big any of them, load down both and keep them both, or delete the one least liked.
Photoplus has a free edition of one of it's earlier versions, for pure manipulation on an amateur level, it's good. Regards, Stein.

R58484956
23rd April 2007, 15:21
You have to sign on for download instructions for Irfranview ??

stein
26th April 2007, 11:43
No sign on for Irfanview, but for Photoplus yes, risk of spam from the latter.
http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/
Regards, Stein.

Caesar001
2nd May 2007, 03:27
FastStone Image Viewer, is a new one that is getting a lot of play. It's free, I haven't tried it yet, and don't think you have to sign up for it....try CNET

barnsey
3rd May 2007, 13:58
Ceasar .....Thanks for that tip about "FastStone Image Viewer" ... downloaded it which was simple .... opened it up and fell in love with it instantly ....its great ...thrown out Picasa and Nero. For CD/DVD Burning in place of Nero I have downloaded "Deepburner" tonight and that seems ok too ... better than Nero which I was having trouble with.

Barnsey

kottemann
3rd May 2007, 14:01
You can both here without any registration or login www.filehippo.com

Caesar001
3rd May 2007, 16:04
Glad that worked for you Barnsey. I use Photoshop Elements for most of my stuff but, keep a few of the other programs around for in a hurry things.

stein
24th May 2007, 17:50
Downloaded Faststone, thrown out Picasa, may delete Irfanview as well. Thanks boys. Regards, Stein.

grahme
3rd June 2007, 08:14
FastStone Image Viewer, is a new one that is getting a lot of play. It's free, I haven't tried it yet, and don't think you have to sign up for it....try CNET
Noted your comments re FastStone Image viewer. I have been using Picasa for years but I tried to load a folder I had put together from a variety of sources, load it onto Picasa have one slideshow viewing and bang it would disappear on the next viewing. god knows where it would go to. Read your note on FastStone and it works, and I reckon its even better than Picasa.
Many thaks for your info
Grahme

andysk
9th June 2007, 21:51
Irfanview is now up to v4.00 - it's surprises me it's still FoC ...

Cheers

Andy