Photos

chaspat
9th February 2006, 10:38
I know it has been said before but how much room have we got on our website for all these useless photographs which are only of interest to the sender!!!!. The same ship from various angles , Pilot Boats etc.
Lets have more of members faces,places we knew,Bars,Ports of call as we knew them. I'm sure they are out there.
regards

ruud
9th February 2006, 11:18
Ahoy,

There seems to be enough space, and as said before, you can't have 'em all, one likes the mother, the other the daughter, some like both, but our policy is better posted here then elsewhere.But they aren't useless, and the piccies you want are coming in daily.So you have to live with that, sorry mate.
On the other hand I agree with some more info/details of the members, without naming their bankaccount/email-address.(*))

jim barnes
9th February 2006, 11:42
Ahoy,

There seems to be enough space, and as said before, you can't have 'em all, one likes the mother, the other the daughter, some like both, but our policy is better posted here then elsewhere.But they aren't useless, and the piccies you want are coming in daily.So you have to live with that, sorry mate.
On the other hand I agree with some more info/details of the members, without naming their bankaccount/email-address.(*)) Well put RUDD, what is important to one is maybe not as important to another all are welcome, the one that does not make it could be the one to make that impact, who knows?? (Thumb)

Jeff Egan
9th February 2006, 11:52
Hey whats wrong with Pilot Cutters, go and pick on someone your own size.

Semaj
28th February 2006, 23:58
I know it has been said before but how much room have we got on our website for all these useless photographs which are only of interest to the sender!!!!. The same ship from various angles , Pilot Boats etc.
Lets have more of members faces,places we knew,Bars,Ports of call as we knew them. I'm sure they are out there.
regards

Photographs, it has to be said some will be better than others. Using your logic we should not post pictures of ships that have been taken before, every picture is unique and some depending on light will be better than others. Just let us be glad members take time to post them.

Cheers

Jim.

billyboy
1st March 2006, 01:12
Hey whats wrong with Pilot Cutters, go and pick on someone your own size.

Now then commodore! you know that the wise cant manage without pilots.
When the Hipsnost eventualy gets to the tyne again we will call for you Jeff, then you can teach jimbo how to do it ... LOL

KPC
1st March 2006, 02:22
I do not know quite how to respond or whether to respond at all....Maybe.........don't look at the ones you think you may not like or have seen from a different angle. The various photos posted of say Union Rotoiti from building thru to present are a joy to view and if not posted ..no joy for me. I like Pilot boats.........I also like Car carriers (a bit) and have seen the same ships in all sorts of Galleries. Get with the program...we have the best Ship site on the www and keep posting those photos folks.....and anything else of interest. I have a couple of shots in my gallery that have been viewed by over 500 SNites and not a ship or Pilot boat in site........couple of hooters though. Have a nice day.
KPC

GEORGE1
2nd May 2006, 09:04
Even the pilot has one on the rocks .As i seen yesterday on the Tamar river
Crimson MARS Billy Boy

George

cynter
2nd May 2006, 10:44
Bit of a thorny issue this.... but, as long as we have enough room to store all these piccies/etc then let's do it. For myself, I'm most greatful this is the case cos I've acquired piccies of some of my old ships through shipmates like Ruud and others.
Yeah... we have the best site on www. blah blah blah....

Peter4447
2nd May 2006, 11:57
I greatly enjoy the galleries and as somebody once said "One photograph is worth a thousand words". Perhaps the simple answer would be to ask those who very kindly post the photographs for us all to enjoy, just to limit the number of photographs they post of the same vessel to one. They can then say that they have more views available which can be posted if another member asks to see them. I am aware that this argument over the number of photographs being posted came up sometime ago when a member posted dozens of photographs in a very short space of time of Brixham fishing vessels (which I see in the flesh every day).
This is a wonderful site and I don't think it is fair to knock the enthusiasm that members have, particularly when so many members ask for a photograph of a particular vessel and 9 times out of 10, another member has it in his collection and willingly posts it.
Although I am not particularly keen on photographs of crew members (mainly because I don't know anybody!) again I do enjoy looking at them.
I am sure I will be shot down over this argument but perhaps this simple rule would resolve these differences over postings once and for all. (Night)
Peter4447

non descript
2nd May 2006, 13:03
Peter,

A fair comment, well made and eloquently delivered. Thank you.

We do welcome photographs with open arms, but sometimes having an armful of the same ship from a variety of angles, does little to benefit the site and serves only to make our arms ache.

Kind regards
Mark