Patris

david smith
21st July 2004, 09:27
images of Patris in two guises can be seen on www.coastalcrafts.co.uk (http://www.coastalcrafts.co.uk)
follow links to cruise ships

oldbosun
2nd August 2004, 17:20
I sailed in her when she was "Bloemfontein Castle", David. I did 4 trips. She was a very handsome ship. Good ship to be on too. ...........Peter

david smith
2nd August 2004, 22:11
thanks - she looks a Grand Old Lady. These are my own photographs and I can let you have them at a higher resolution if you wish. I am looking for a similar picture of her in her earlier days as the Bloemonfontein Castle. This may involve more than one picture depending on how many external refits she underwent.
regards
Ds

oldbosun
2nd August 2004, 23:36
thanks - she looks a Grand Old Lady. These are my own photographs and I can let you have them at a higher resolution if you wish. I am looking for a similar picture of her in her earlier days as the Bloemonfontein Castle. This may involve more than one picture depending on how many external refits she underwent.
regards
Ds

I can send you what few pictures I have of her David. One of them would be the sepiatone postcard that the company put out. I'm not sure if I have her in color. I'll have to search around in my very disorganised ship picture collection.
If you send me an email address that I can fwd them to it would be better because I don't yet know how to get them into here. I did try one time but screwed it up big time. My email address is exseaman@sympatico.ca, so if you send me your email address to there I'll forward them on to you.........Peter

voula
14th November 2004, 14:02
Hello all,
I recently have been surfing the net, trying to find some information on
The PATRIS ship and came across this site.Hoping if some one can help me find a record of passengers list an history of the ship.
I migrated to Australia from Greece with my parents and brother in 1965 we arrived in Melbourne June 2nd On the Patris ship .
I was only one year old, an would like to find out more about the ship, and where it is now ..thanks
Cheers Voula...

sgioskos
12th October 2005, 12:28
Hey Voula,

Based on what you say we were both on the same ship at the same time when my parents migrated. The essential difference however is that I was actually born on the ship during that voyage.

My moms sending me the captains record of birth. I'll post it when it arrives.

Regards
Sam