just finding my sea legs

SALTY
23rd July 2004, 21:27
anyone sailed on the" Athelcrown"Athelduke" "Thornaby" "Barlby" "Otterburn" "Trevaylor"or the "Rushpool" Did anyone sail for United Towing (Ocean Tugs)..HULL...

Steve
24th July 2004, 00:49
Hello Salty,
Welcome to SN

zealman
9th October 2004, 17:17
anyone sailed on the" Athelcrown"Athelduke" "Thornaby" "Barlby" "Otterburn" "Trevaylor"or the "Rushpool" Did anyone sail for United Towing (Ocean Tugs)..HULL...
hi salty my first trip back in 1971 was on the haines norse boat trevaylor one old rustbucket. but ha mate happy days tramping around the west indies.

kudu
18th February 2009, 19:53
Hi Salty.
I know this is some years out of date from your message, but I sailed on the
Rushpool from January 1969 to april 1970.We sailed from Rotterdam to communist China with a mixed cargo.We were on a Chinese charter for a year.The old man was deconski,the mate was Mike Bradley and the 2nd mate
was Dennis McCloud.We had a black crew,all muslims.They were a poor lot
but sober.
Kudu

benjidog
18th February 2009, 23:14
Welcome from Lancashire.
I hope you will enjoy the site.

(Oh bugger - he hasn't logged on for a year! - never mind - the thought was there

billyboy
18th February 2009, 23:58
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
19th February 2009, 00:40
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

bert thompson
19th February 2009, 09:45
Welcome Salty to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

salfordles
21st November 2012, 17:00
Eight years late but I sailed on the MV Otterburn in February 1963. Signed up for a six week trip to Norfolk, Virginia but didn't get paid off till October more than eight months later.(Ouch)

Joe w
24th November 2012, 14:09

They are a number guys who were on United on this site you will have a better chance getting hold of them if you post on the Tugs forum.I myself served my time with United from 69-73 including the Cod war of 73. Good hunting