RFA Sir Percivale

George.GM
20th February 2006, 13:14
Anyone who might be interested in buying RFA Sir Percivale to use as a houseboat or to start an alternative ferry service to the Isle of Wight should go to :
www.edisposals.com and click on 'ships'.

jim barnes
20th February 2006, 15:31
Anyone who might be interested in buying RFA Sir Percivale to use as a houseboat or to start an alternative ferry service to the Isle of Wight should go to :
www.edisposals.com and click on 'ships'.also available on CD..LOL

ruud
20th February 2006, 15:50
Ahoy,

3,500.00........it's a bargain!(*))

Paul UK
20th February 2006, 16:21
Same website in the computer section is a disintergrater
now I can think of a use for that.

Paul

mclean
20th February 2006, 16:55
Same website in the computer section is a disintergrater
now I can think of a use for that.

Paul
And now what would that be??? Colin

Paedrig
20th February 2006, 17:11
Could be fun...wifely response was, what would you want one of those for?

No sense of adventure. (Cloud)

jim barnes
20th February 2006, 18:17
Ahoy,

3,500.00........it's a bargain!(*))
Sorry Ruud... think that was the other one...LOL (Thumb)

Paul UK
20th February 2006, 18:29
I could think of many uses

Paul

boulton
25th October 2007, 16:51
www.edisposals.com and click on 'ships'.

Eighteen months later, she is still available (to my knowledge), but no longer shown on the above www-link - at least not today!

She is the only "original" LSL, and has NOT been lengthened, SLEP'd, re-built, sank, or in any other way messed about with, like the remainder of her sisters.

A surprise therefore that Sir Tristram, although . .

" . . badly damaged in the Falklands conflict . . (and which) was subsequently reconstructed to an enhanced standard , with a new mid-body hull section added to the ship. This reconstruction was taken as the starting point for a projected Ship Life Extension Programme (SLEP) for the other . . of the class" . .

. . has been chosed to become the (static) Special Forces training ship - to replace Rame Head.

I would have thought the disposal folk would have found more readily, a buyer for the re-worked Sir Tristram, instead of which they are still left with the "original", and last to be built (1968), shorter, LSL, Sir Percivale, to find a home for.

I'd like to buy it for Strawberry to play with, but even after quite some time spent on research, can not think of a remunerative employment for her that would ensure she was self-financing!

Pat Thompson
25th October 2007, 17:02
George Mon Brave,

I lurked around the site but couldn't find Percy (the only LSL I didn't get to play with). I also didn't find a page selling off retired RFA Choffs, presumably MOD hasn't sunk that low yet....

Highest regards mon brave

Pat Thompson.

You can't get enough pictures of "O'Boats".