British Patriot 1958

Arthur Paternoster
21st February 2006, 16:12
I sailed on the BT Tanker British Patriot from 20th January to 12th August 1958 as a galley boy, I can still remember most of the crews names. Are there any more of you out there?

Arthur Paternoster
24th February 2006, 18:48
Haven't heard from crew of 58 yet, surely I can't be the sole survivor, it was only 48 years ago. Blimey is it that long perhaps I am on my own. Someone must know someone. I'm waiting

Graham Wallace
22nd May 2006, 06:08
Haven't heard from crew of 58 yet, surely I can't be the sole survivor, it was only 48 years ago. Blimey is it that long perhaps I am on my own. Someone must know someone. I'm waiting

I know two who sailed on her 58/59, Mike Friend Nav App and Chris Smith 2/E

Graham Wallace

Seemore
22nd May 2006, 08:24
Hi Arthur I sailed on her in 1960, the only names I can remember was the skipper called Fraser and asst steward called Taylor.. I would like to mention, on our way to Austin in Texas near to the Azores we picked up a commercial pilot who ditched the light aircraft he was supposed to deliver to the Continent, seemingly he ran out of gas, finished up dropping him off in the states. may be it might jog some memories out there.
Seemore

mike pen
25th June 2008, 19:47

hi arthur, bit of aq long shot,my mate was 19 years with bp not sure if he was on the patriot,but fifties and sixties,on the beacon,engineer,lady to name but three,he is going to send me a list of them all,his name was bob whitford,as leccy.mike(Thumb)