Visa Card E-Mail

fredkinghorn
24th February 2006, 08:41
I got an e-mail this morning purporting to come from Visa. I don't know whether or not it is genuine, but it says that a new security number or something is being put in place and that I should visit a website and check my Visa balance.
I am treating this as suspicious and contacting Visa.

fred.

" keep a lookout "

gdynia
24th February 2006, 09:00
I got an e-mail this morning purporting to come from Visa. I don't know whether or not it is genuine, but it says that a new security number or something is being put in place and that I should visit a website and check my Visa balance.
I am treating this as suspicious and contacting Visa.

fred.

" keep a lookout "
Fred
This is the new scam at present since the Nigerian letters dried up. Its all the High Street banks being quoted.Apparently theyve got away with quite alot of money so far.

nigelcollett
24th February 2006, 11:06
Tks Fred

BE AWARE

NigelC

jim barnes
24th February 2006, 13:06
check mine while you are there see if theres owt left (Hippy)

Trident
24th February 2006, 13:17
Whats your number then jim.

Al

mcook
24th February 2006, 13:54
(Ouch) The Nigerian scam is alive and well; I just deleted yet another one a couple of minutes ago. Also going strong is 'Hey, you have just won 2.5 million on the lottery' just contact so and so.
Here in the states there are a lot of bank/credit card scams going. They all look pretty convincing, but always start with 'Dear member' or something like that. A genuine enquiry would use your proper name. Also, banks and credit card companies NEVER ask for your password or PINs.

If in doubt, contact your bank or credit card company.

I have two e-mail accounts, one of which has long since been flooded with
unwanted garbage. I take some perverse enjoyment in responding to some of these scams and hope to mess them around. This mornings 'you have won the lottery' I replied with 'That's amazing! I have won 5 lotteries so far this week!'

malcolm

gdynia
24th February 2006, 14:04
[malcolm[/QUOTE]

Malcolm same this side of the water. I just paid 200 Bucks for this amazing Package to remove Spam Mail and all its doing is generating more

John Rogers
24th February 2006, 14:39
A Bank will never send you a email asking for that type of information so delete them all,do not even open them.
John

jim barnes
24th February 2006, 15:08
Whats your number then jim.

AlOh you are rude......no ones asked me that for years,,,LOL kiss kiss (*))