N R Crump

Bob S
26th February 2006, 18:13
Canadian Pacificís bulk carrier N R CRUMP passing Tilbury.
Built 1969
21445 grt

Hillview
17th June 2006, 15:44
I was Chief Engineer on the N.R.Crump.I left to get my steam endorsement time with Mobil Shipping
Ian Dalton was Second Engieer.

mclean
17th June 2006, 18:04
Nice photo. Under Canadian Transport Time Charter fo many years, together with JV Clyne. Colin

Les Gibson
17th June 2006, 23:23
I was second electrician on NR Crump, on maiden voyage from Japan to Vancouver Island and UK. Probably on the ship when that pic. was taken. First electrician was Tony Thompson, now unfortunately no longer with us.

leobond3
14th September 2006, 18:49
I was 4th Engineer on the N R Crump. Tony Bannister was the Chief Engineer, Ian Bennet was the 2nd and Wingnut Holland was the 3rd. Best ship I ever sailed on.
Leo Bond

firey
14th September 2006, 21:01
What years were you all with CP ,I was there from 1980 - 1985. Joined my first CP ship the Fort Coulonge up the Amozon the day John Lennon was shot not a great ship and also sailed on her sister ships the edmonton and steele. Spent the last years on the container ships across the atlantic.

Weechief
15th September 2006, 21:31
First ship was W M Neal, then Van Horn, TGS, and Fort boats

firey
15th September 2006, 22:39
What Cal Mac route are you on weechief.
I sailed fort hamilton 1981.

Weechief
16th September 2006, 00:26
Work on Clansman which goes Oban to Coll and Tiree, Barra and South Uist.
Also work on Hebrides which serves Harris and North Uist.
Where are you ?

flash.john
2nd January 2011, 20:25
Hi Leo, remember flash, lecky? built the bar on Crumpy.

pensioner
2nd January 2011, 23:48
Leo!
I sailed with Ian "Wiggy" Bennett, he was 2/e on the wood boats; between May 70 and Dec 72 and CP Ambassador. Also Wingnut on the Akasaka "I think". When were you on them.
Flash!
Weren't you originally from Manchester way, Didsbry???, maybe.

Regards

IMRCoSparks
3rd January 2011, 02:41
Also did the maiden voyage on NR Crump from Hiroshima. Was the R/O.
Even got a pic of all the crew. I'm not in it. Don't recognize you, Les!!
Best ship I sailed on
Ken

Les Gibson
5th January 2011, 01:19
Ken,
Good to hear from you. I'm not in the pic because it was taken on the day before sailing, and I was still on my honeymoon! Came aboard on sailing day. Not only the best ship, also the best company (CP) in the world!!
Are you still in Canada?
Regards,
Les

IMRCoSparks
7th January 2011, 04:44
Thought the readers would like to see some pics of your happy event in Hiroshima.
Les is the serious looking one in the formal suit. Kyoko ( hope I remembered her name OK) was the bride. Still together , I think.

I'm on the left in the group picture

Still in Canada Regards
Ken

Les Gibson
8th January 2011, 23:25
Ken,
Yes, still together, 41 years now. 3 grown up children and 5 Grandchildren. Living a life of luxury? in a super cottage on the edge of the Black Mountains about 20 miles north of Swansea. By the way the pic. on the right is wife's sister Yoko!
Sadly Tony (Jimmy) Cusack front row left is no longer with us. He was my best man. Also Tony Thompson at the back 3rd from right he was 1st lecky, I was his junior.