Carronpark

allanc
28th February 2006, 05:06
Carronpark visited Geelong several times early in her career, possibly on her maiden voyage. On that occasion she loaded bulk wheat at the Grain Elevators Pier, then topped off with bagged grain at the Cunningham Pier. This was extensively reported in the Geelong Advertiser, as was the custom when noteworthy ships were in port. I have tried for the first time to scan an image from a photo from the collection of Mr. Bob Sharp, who photographed almost every ship that called at Geelong in those days. Many years ago he gave me a few packets of his rejects, many of which are quite good images. The attached thumbnail is my second attempt, I will keep working on it. Bob, if by any chance you see this please give me a call.

allanc
5th March 2006, 05:33
Now that I have managed a more reasonable image from one of these old Box Brownie 120 photos I will post quite a few more, I have plenty, including some I took with my first camera! The problem is finding the time to do it often enough to become proficient.

allanc
25th March 2006, 12:12
Also of interest in this photo is the line handling boat, which is standard 40' workboat, built in large numbers during WW2. A few of these were used by the Geelong Harbour Trust in the early 50s.