Rfa Tidespring Falklands War

dondoncarp
2nd March 2006, 22:08
ANYONE SERVE ON HER,I WAS FIRST TRIP DECK BOY,NEARLY GAVE UP THE MERCH AFTER THAT(NO SHORE LEAVE FOR MONTHS)JOINED mv MAZATEC (FYFFES) AFTER THAT,IN AND OUT OF PORT,WOMEN,DRINK........FELT LIKE A SIX MONTH HOLIDAY.....CHRIST IM STARTING TO FEEL OLD LOL

VTR1000
24th February 2007, 08:30
Wasn't on the Tidespring but I think we rassed you once or twice. I was on the Brambleleaf during the Falklands ... ended up doing 9 months on that trip. Moved to container boats when I got back (Pint) [=P] (Smoke) (Thumb)

Shaun_Donnelly
30th December 2007, 08:50
I served on her, in the crew bar when I came down to Gosport to meet you upon your return from the Falklands. What a proud day that was!

Stbd 10

fahrwud
10th October 2009, 17:02
I did a home waters run on Tidespring in 77 as a watchkeeping fireman. Yup, hit a few bars .............but, man, I never saw so many burned out old guys on a crew before or since, lol.
Does anyone remember the "Major"? Story was that he had a military commission at one time, but was now an ordinary seaman. Had a hell of an upper-class accent. Like he said to one of our lady visitors in the crew bar....."You beautiful creachaa......would you dance with meh?"
Dave W