Windsor Castle ex Fingal

WLH
5th March 2006, 20:01
Anyone got a picture of, WINDSOR CASTLE, Tamahine Investments Ltd of Hong Kong, registered London,ex NLB Fingal 200, and renamedstill in service.
Also what being used for.
Any help appreciated..........WLH

Hugh MacLean
5th March 2006, 20:24
WLH,

A pic here:

http://www.nlb.org.uk/historical/ships.htm

FINGAL 1964 - 2000 PIC (http://javascript<b></b>:;)
Steel Twin Screw Motorship, 238.9 x 40.3 x 18.5 feet
1342 Gross Tons
Oil Engines (2) 2SCSA each 6-Cyl British Polar Engines Ltd, Glasgow
1964: Built by Blythswood Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Glasgow, (the last ship to be built by Yard on 8 August 1963) and based at Oban
1994: Transferred to Stromness
2000: Sold to Tamahine Investments Ltd of Hong Kong, registered London and renamed WINDSOR CASTLE, still in service.

More here:
http://www.merseyshipping.co.uk/photofeatures/irishcelticseas/kernow/tamahine020805/tamahine020805.htm
Currently laid up on the River Fal on August 02, 2005.

Rgds

Bob S
6th March 2006, 11:32
Anyone got a picture of, WINDSOR CASTLE, Tamahine Investments Ltd of Hong Kong, registered London,ex NLB Fingal 200, and renamedstill in service.
Also what being used for.
Any help appreciated..........WLH

I've got a photo of her at Falmouth taken last year, I will post when I get home tonight, time allowing.

Bob S
6th March 2006, 20:06
Photo now in gallery.

WLH
7th March 2006, 20:05
Very many thanks for pics, Mark Bamford is the owner of Tamahine Shipping, his father, Joe (JCB) Bamford had an all aluminium yacht built at Southampton by Thornycroft.

chwol
15th January 2011, 00:52
Still at River Fal - King Harry's Ferry

tigerfish
20th September 2011, 12:37
Thanks for that Guy's! Smashing picture of her on the Fal. They certainly keep her clean, given the time that she has been there.

I had no other interest except a facination that she was being kept so well, albeit seemingly unused. Full praise to her owners and I hope she is around for a long time to come.

tigerfish

Royalist10
9th September 2012, 09:45
She is still there and in pristine condition as of yesterday. Unfortunately, the ship berthed close astern wrecks the picture. I did not take any shots onboard, but I did not see a speck of rust anywhere.

A ship laid up is no longer a living creature!(Sad)

Royalist

Thanks for that Guy's! Smashing picture of her on the Fal. They certainly keep her clean, given the time that she has been there.

I had no other interest except a facination that she was being kept so well, albeit seemingly unused. Full praise to her owners and I hope she is around for a long time to come.

tigerfish

A.D.FROST
9th September 2012, 10:11
I don't know what the fees are these days for laid up ships in the Fal,but it was the cheapest in the UK if so it my be cheaper than parking a caravan or going to a camp site for the hols for the Bamfords and guests.(Gleam)

Royalist10
9th September 2012, 12:50
I have heard that pilotage and tug cost are a minimumof abround GBP5,000 each way. I suppose that is peanuts in the shipping world?

davidships
23rd July 2014, 18:52
Reported that WINDSOR CASTLE moved today from Fal layup buoys to Northern Arm, Falmouth Docks.