Lerwick

WLH
10th March 2006, 14:39
Looking for photo of Lerwick, ex Betty ?, [Enid Shipping, Brodick, Hawick, Hillswick, circa 1964-1966.

Regards.....................WLH

King Ratt
10th March 2006, 14:47
Hi

Have a shufti at this site..mni fotos of coastal tankers who used to visit Kirkcudbright. Article written by my uncle George c Davidson lifeboat cox and river pilot..retired now fer mni years.

http://www.old-kirkcudbright.net/pages/tankers.asp#

WLH
10th March 2006, 20:45
Very many thanks for interesting site, sounds a bit scary to run in and out of an under marked channel, Pilotage in the real sense of the the word.

Regards...............WLH

King Ratt
17th March 2006, 16:22
Hi

Its not so difficult nowadays..I am the present harbourmaster at Kirkcudbright and the channel is now well buoyed and lit with some 26 lights which I try to keep lit and on station. sadly there is no more visiting coastal tanker trade and few and far between cargo coasters. However there is an active scallop fishing fleet and it keeps the wee place going.

Best Regards

bobby388
18th March 2006, 17:56
Hi

Its not so difficult nowadays..I am the present harbourmaster at Kirkcudbright and the channel is now well buoyed and lit with some 26 lights which I try to keep lit and on station. sadly there is no more visiting coastal tanker trade and few and far between cargo coasters. However there is an active scallop fishing fleet and it keeps the wee place going.

Best Regards

HI King Rat read your interesting site didnt know what was involved being down below just shows what goes on on above water was on Brodick which was the comp tanker,lerwick was cargo.(why do you fly the serbian flag)?
Regards Bobby(Glasgow)

King Ratt
18th March 2006, 18:11
Hi there..I have no idea..its not my choice of flag..must have presseda wrong button or soemthing. I am a fairly new user of this superb site. maybe get round to changing it sometime.

Teas up..must go

Bye