Clyde Chancellor/ British Chancellor

Makari
13th March 2006, 22:05
Can anyone out there help, I have been trying to get a photo of the Clyde Chancellor/ British Chancellor but am having no success, I sailed on her in 1960/1961 paid off in Madrass, came home on the British Renown D.B.S. via Abadan, all info welcome, thanks. Mac

John_F
13th March 2006, 23:20
Makari,
I have photos of the Chancellor & the Renown & will post on this thread tomorrow.
Regards,
John F

Makari
14th March 2006, 00:32
Thanks for reply John much appreciated mate. Mac

rknibbs
14th March 2006, 08:23
I have this picture of Clyde Chancellor that I downloaded from a website some time ago - can't remember which one now.

Robert

ruud
14th March 2006, 08:36
I have this picture of Clyde Chancellor that I downloaded from a website some time ago - can't remember which one now.

RobertAhoy Robert,
Could it be here?
http://www.mattmar.com.au/Tankers_Photos/clyde_chancellor_d030703002.jpg

Here as well the British Renown:
http://www.mattmar.com.au/Tankers_Photos/d030607055_british_renown.jpg

Makari
14th March 2006, 08:59
Thanks guys all information on Clyde Chancellor welcomed greatly, Mac (Thumb)

John_F
14th March 2006, 09:00
Makari,
I have photos of the Chancellor & the Renown & will post on this thread tomorrow.
Regards,
John FMac,
I think I'm surplus to requirements after the last couple of posts! However, here's another photo of the Chancellor. I see you've already posted one of the Renown.
Regards,
John.

Makari
14th March 2006, 09:32
Mac,
I think I'm surplus to requirements after the last couple of posts! However, here's another photo of the Chancellor. I see you've already posted one of the Renown.
Regards,
John.
Brilliant one John, now my search for B.P. tanker photos is complete, it has taken me approx. 3 months to get photos of the Clyde Chancellor and been on this site for 4 days or so and got everything, thanks to all you guys out there, true shipmates and a brilliant site to be part of, all the best. Mac. (Applause)

wtaylor
7th June 2007, 15:34
Here is a pic of the "real" Chancellor in the full Clyde livery. Taken in 1963 at Budge-Budge which links to another thread of that name.
Wilt

drynet
10th June 2007, 22:15
According to the wWorld atlas its Baj Baj
Drynet

Donnacorbett
27th March 2016, 20:56
Makari,
Regards,
John F

Can anyone out there help, I have been trying to get a photo of the Clyde Chancellor/ British Chancellor but am having no success, I sailed on her in 1960/1961 paid off in Madrass, came home on the British Renown D.B.S. via Abadan, all info welcome, thanks. Mac

Hi my father was on Clyde chancellor early sixties does anyone remember him? His name is Martin Corbett

jep1916
28th March 2016, 16:32
According to the wWorld atlas its Baj Baj
Drynet

I don't care what The World Atlas says. It was always Budge Budge to us and always will be. It was quite a place to be when the river bore came down stream.

twogrumpy
28th March 2016, 20:40
Oh the Indian coast, what a joy.(Jester)

sparks69
31st March 2016, 16:51
Yep, We went to Buj Buj on the Gannet on 7th October 1968. (Oh yes, I remember it well !) Copied name from Orders telegram ! 3/0 went bonkers with an IMSHI gun and all the labels came off the AEI radar console - sticky paper labels after that. Capt unhappy.