Koningin Elizabeth

Bob S
12th August 2004, 12:52
KONINGIN ELIZABETH (57/3795) seen departing Dover in the late 1960’s for Ostend. She was operated by the Belgian Marine Administration.
I lost track of the ferries of the Belgian Marine Administration, they just seemed to vanish, does anyone know of their fate?

Fairfield
13th August 2004, 06:05
ARTEVELDE ended up as a Greek ferry out of Piraeus.I/m sure I/ve a shot.Will have a look.

tanker
6th March 2005, 18:36
She had 2 sisters ROI LEOPOLD III and REINE ASTRID ,Built Cockerill-Ougree
1956.for Dover Strait.

frederic
5th April 2005, 06:17
Hello

She was withdrawn in 1977 and sold to Cypriotic owners one year later. She was renamed Abha and later Njad. As many ships, she ended at the scrapyard in 1984, possibily scrapped in Greece.

Another postcard of her: Koningin Elisabeth (http://www.ibiblio.org/maritime/Postkaarten/ferries/be_koniginelisabeth/imagepages/image001.html)

Hope this will help!

Kind regards,
Frederic
Webmaster
MaritimeDigital Archive (http://www.ibiblio.org/maritime)

Jean-François Berden
3rd July 2005, 12:59
KONINGIN ELIZABETH (57/3795) seen departing Dover in the late 1960’s for Ostend. She was operated by the Belgian Marine Administration.
I lost track of the ferries of the Belgian Marine Administration, they just seemed to vanish, does anyone know of their fate?

Since 1998 all Belgian Ferries have been sold. The company " Regie for Maritime Transport don't exists anymore.
The " Prinses Maria Esmeralda " was sold to the Limadet cY. and is still under sail " BEN ANSAR.
The " Princesse Marie-Christine " Sails for Trans Europa Ferries between Ostend and Dover under the name Primrose.
The " Prins Albert " also sails for TEF under the name Eurovoyager .

The " Prins Filip " sailed for P&O between Dover and Calais under the name Pride of Aquitaine and is now again laying up at Dunkerque with an uncertain future.

I possess a large collection of shipsphotos I made myself.
I join one.

Best regards

Jean-François

Jean.-.Francois.Berden@Telenet.be
Roi Leopold III

This is an extremely brief story what happened.