sir galahad

ron hansen
25th March 2006, 20:52
hi guys
the sir galahad passed my house to-day was wondering if this was the same ship of falkland fame also she had what looked like a landing craft strapped to her side is this poss.
i live in Ślesund norway and she was heading south must have been on this nato thing thats been going on here

Jeff Egan
25th March 2006, 20:55
It's a new Sir Galahad

gdynia
26th March 2006, 06:29
hi guys
the sir galahad passed my house to-day was wondering if this was the same ship of falkland fame also she had what looked like a landing craft strapped to her side is this poss.
i live in Ślesund norway and she was heading south must have been on this nato thing thats been going on here
Ron

If my memory serves me correct the Sir Galahad of Falklands Island fame was a total loss her sister vessel Sir Lancelot was converted to a gambling ship working out of South Africa and was owned by the Same Gentleman who had the Passenger Ship Edinburgh Castle. The following webpage gives a brief description of the new Sir Galahad
http://www.navynews.co.uk/ships/sirgalahad.asp

ron hansen
26th March 2006, 20:28
think the old memories going remember it now was quite a disaster seen it a thousand times sorry if i have offended anyone with my ignorance

gdynia
27th March 2006, 06:08
think the old memories going remember it now was quite a disaster seen it a thousand times sorry if i have offended anyone with my ignorance

Ron
It works the other way it remembers the brave men who sailed on her hopefully never to be forgotten.