Chief Engineer Alex Laws

EBenarty
4th April 2006, 00:39
Any one remember him, a great Chief Engineer who was always easy to talk to and helped the deck in any way he could - but he was related to Donald and Ralph Cowie. LOL> but he was a great Chief Engineer !! So were they !!

highlander403
24th January 2008, 22:44
was cowie the chief from buckie ?

scotty

john fraser
25th January 2008, 01:42
was cowie the chief from buckie ?

scotty

Scotty.
The Chief from Buckie was Murray Cowie.Donald and Ralph were both
Masters and Alex Laws was their cousin.Also Gideon Henderson Ch.Engineer was Donald Cowies brother in law.
Were you on the Lawers on her maiden voyage as I seem to remember an Engineer from the Fraserburgh area.

highlander403
2nd February 2008, 14:55
john fraser wroteWere you on the Lawers on her maiden voyage as I seem to remember an Engineer from the Fraserburgh area.

no john i only joined her for the first coast, athough there were three juniors from fraserburgh on that coast george patterson willie henderson and myself also a deckie alexander morrice who later emigrated to nz..

scotty

highlander403
2nd February 2008, 14:59
john fraser wroteScotty.
The Chief from Buckie was Murray Cowie
i possibly sailed with murray cowie from buckie on the ben cleuch but cant remember the guys first name but it was a murray from buckie..

scotty

TIM HUDSON
2nd February 2008, 15:07
Alex Laws retired and living in Cleadon Village (in same house for 40 years +), still golfing and looking fit.

tim