Currently serving BP staff

rushie
13th April 2006, 21:17
Hi,

I'd like to make contact with seafarers serving with BP currently. Any grade...etc are welcome to contact me.

Reason for request will be available on response!...nothing to worry about.!

Cheers,

Rushie.

James_C
14th April 2006, 19:10
Rushie,
I'm currently with BP, feel free to ask any questions!

rushie
14th April 2006, 23:31
Hi Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch....it is apreciated.

I'd like to know details about your life at sea with BP. Everything really....what your daily routines are, interest in shipping, experiences, places visited, both liked or not liked!...most importantly, perhaps, characters that you've encountered along the way.

I'm "attempting" to put a publication together which will give a view of life on board with BP.

If you'd like to cntact me by private e-mail through the site the please feel free to do so.

Any info or tales will be superb.!

Cheers,

Rushie.

rob mcbride
19th April 2006, 11:31
returning to sea fri. 21st,rejoining British Fidelity as Integrated Rating, in Whangerei,New Zealand.CurrentlyLiving in Perth W.Australia

MichaelGeorgiou
19th March 2008, 10:43
was a 2nd eng with bp from 1998 till 2006. Left to do something different after becoming tired of the nonsense which we had to deal with on a daily basis. A shame as I worked with many good people but the job changed beyond all recognition.

twogrumpy
19th March 2008, 22:08
Michael
Having looked through a few editions of "The Flag" can fully understand the nonsense you mention.
We thought the old Fleet News was bull***t, but never in my life have I seen such load of corporate mush as they are producing now. If it is a true reflection of life at sea with BP God help them!!
twogrumpy.

MichaelGeorgiou
26th March 2008, 23:16
my criticism is with the ridiculousness of HSE implementation and the whole Risk Assessment thing.
A simple welding 2 minute job in the eng.rm used to take just that, 2 minutes. Nowadays it takes 4 people, paperwork in triplicate, risk assessed etc etc. At least 45 minutes if all goes according to plan.
Now don't get me wrong, i'm all for safety but in all honesty, I thought we did certs of competency for that reason, and I prefer to be treated as a responsible engineer, not an idiot without a clue. But anyway, it's only one part of the job that has changed beyond recognition.
Glad I worked at sea as it was a great job for the time I was there. Too much bull**** now.
Now I get to see ships from above, sometimes even landing on them. Beats working for a living!(Thumb)

kevin1506
29th March 2008, 10:51
was bp from 74 on the liberty the dart the avon pioneer the fal as it was new then. happy days