RNLI working drawings

WLH
19th April 2006, 20:17
Anyone interested ?, I have some older working drawings of Lifeboats constructed at Groves & Gutteridge - Fairey Marine, of Cowes, where I was
Liaison Officer for some time, not too sure which ones, probably Liverpool, Watson, Oakley and Barnett class, part of a clearing out program.
I shall await response before disposal.
Regards..................WLH (Owner of ex Helen Blake, 809, Chatham.

macjack
19th April 2006, 22:05
Anyone interested ?, I have some older working drawings of Lifeboats constructed at Groves & Gutteridge - Fairey Marine, of Cowes, where I was
Liaison Officer for some time, not too sure which ones, probably Liverpool, Watson, Oakley and Barnett class, part of a clearing out program.

WLH,
Would be most interested on behalf of my colleague Nick Gentry, navigator and Training co - ordinator Newhaven Lifeboat 17-21
He dedicated RNLI since age 10.
http://www.newhavenlifeboat.co.uk/ the drawings would I am sure would be treasured and be made available for all to see at the boathouse, or at the Newhaven Maritime Museum Newhaven
http://www.newhavenmuseum.co.uk/
Kindest Regards,
Mac.

Snowlings19
20th April 2006, 01:00
If not I would certainly be interested in them please.

Thanks

WLH
21st April 2006, 15:28
Whoa there chaps, I have not even dug them out yet........when available to hand will advise accordingly.
Regards...................WLH

nhp651
21st April 2006, 20:18
hi,i'm very new to this forum and don't want to be pushy,but who ever is lucky enough to end up with your drawings,could they please contact me .I build models of classic lifeboats(see my photo postings listed last night of the watson and liverpool class boats that I have built (Night) and am trying to build up a collection of plans for future ref.if I could pay for photocopying and postage I would love copies of certain boats.thanks.neil. (K)

CharlieB
5th May 2006, 17:25
Count me in - i am certainly interested as well!

paul grant
16th February 2007, 17:37
Hello WLH I have spent many years on the isle of wight often in contact with Lallows and G and G in Cowes. Interested in the Barnett class. Photocopies are fine. Willing to pay cost. Pls think of me before you part with them.I have been strugggling for some time. Driven to the Bembridge lifeboat Station today to find any details. Phoned the RNLI etc to no avail yet. Rgds Paul

Keltic Star
17th February 2007, 03:16
How about having them raster imaged into AutoCad, it's not too expensive and I would be willing to contribute towards the cost. They could then be shared by all in the future.

statement
8th April 2008, 12:20
I am interested in obtaining any drawings of a 42' Watson " Ann Letitia Russell " O.N. 813 that was built by Groves and Gutteridge, Isle of Wight in 1939. I realise that the last posting on this thread is 17.02.07 but would appreciate any help on this subject. Many thanks Tom

Furball
8th April 2008, 13:03
Ann Letitia Russell was a 41' Watson...

Small scale plans are in Nick Leach's 'RNLI Motor Lifeboats' (ISBN 1-84306-201-1).

You can get it from Amazon.

Cheers

Lance

statement
8th April 2008, 17:54
Many thanks for the information, Lance. I will go to the Amazon site. Tom

nhp651
14th April 2008, 22:11
Hi statement. I think I might still have my original plans that I used to develope the kit that I did of the Anne Lettitia Russell years ago. Will have a look for them and if I find them let you know. you could have a copy for the cost of copying and postage.
have a look at the model I made of her in the gallery.
neil.

statement
19th April 2008, 16:48
Neil, sorry for the delay in replying to your message, I had problems with the PC. If you have any plans of O.N. 813 I would be grateful for a copyof them and will cover any costs in getting them. As suggested by Lance I got Nick Leach's book on Amazon and found it very good and a mine of information. The plans of the 41' Watson were small scale and with the detail included were difficult to read. Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Tom

stevest
16th October 2008, 00:42

Hello, I have been looking for general info and drawings of Watson 47
Steve