Glencoe and the Indians, A dance called America

mermaid
24th April 2006, 13:20
I have just finished reading the above books by James Hunter, They are about the Highland Clearances and how some of the people found themselves in North America, Their time on the ships and what they found when they arrived, some married into Indian tribes, others worked for the Hudson Bay Company, if this thread is not taken off like the last one, I recommend these books. For the person that removed the last thread, Why? I have a good idea who you are, be man enough to explain!

gdynia
24th April 2006, 14:35
I have just finished reading the above books by James Hunter, They are about the Highland Clearances and how some of the people found themselves in North America, Their time on the ships and what they found when they arrived, some married into Indian tribes, others worked for the Hudson Bay Company, if this thread is not taken off like the last one, I recommend these books. For the person that removed the last thread, Why? I have a good idea who you are, be man enough to explain!

Mermaid

No one has taken your thread off line. If a Moderator or Administrator had done this then you would of received a PM from party concerned to give you a reason why. This is a a site dedicated to the Sea and to everyone who has an infinity for it. We are also members and abide by the same rules as everyone else we dont receive any special privlages and answer to the Site Owner the same way as everyone else. I hope this answers your question.

mermaid
24th April 2006, 15:01
Well gdynia I know who did it, I will not name and shame, if he is not man enought to own up! Who else can remove a thread?

benjidog
24th April 2006, 19:23
Mermaid,

I find your recent swipes about Moderators out of keeping with the spirit of the site.

We give our time to welcome and assist members, and to make sure threads do not get offensive or inappropriate bearing in mind the wide range of people we have as members. We may sometimes get things wrong but we are not narrow-minded jerks as you seem to be implying, and enjoy a laugh with the rest of the membership.

If your thread was of the same content as this one I can see no reason why anyone would want to remove it. If you really think one of us deleted your thread then send that person (or me if you prefer) a personal message with the name of the thread and when you posted it and we will investigate further.

Brian

mermaid
24th April 2006, 19:33
Benjidog, I was not taking a swipe at Moderators, the thread that was removed was on very similar lines to this one, I didn't keep a copy so it was not exact. It was about books I have just read and they do have a nautical content. However a Moderator removed it, I have no idea why, in my thread "Books" I asked him while he was still on line and he chose not to explain so I re-posted the thread. Which now appears acceptable. The Moderator involved knows who he is. I have no gripe with anyone I simply posted a thread, you will have to ask the moderator involved why he took it off. I have found till now all the moderators to be fair minded people, but believe me this person did do what I say and I would still like to know why.

mermaid
24th April 2006, 20:05
Benjidog, before you do to me what you have done to the thread books, for no better reason than I posted a thread about a couple of books I read, think, I have read posts you have done in the past and I take you to be a fair minded person, one of the moderators is not so fair minded, do not be pulled down to his level.

mermaid
24th April 2006, 20:43
Benjidog, due to time differences the Moderator concerned will be asleep right now I think, so I will give him the chance to come clean tomorrow otherwise I will PM you with his name, I have done nothing wrong, the books have a very interesting naval theme and I still would like to know why he singled me out.

Steve
24th April 2006, 21:15
This is going to end in tears I suggest we move on.

william dillon
25th April 2006, 20:29
This is going to end in tears I suggest we move on.

:@ I agree Steve, throw the dummy back into her pram & let's get on with it. (Fly)

mermaid
26th April 2006, 14:31
Silly Billy Willy, now wipe that brown stuff off your nose and calm down.

william dillon
26th April 2006, 22:56
Silly Billy Willy, now wipe that brown stuff off your nose and calm down.

(Cloud) Why don't you grow up & behave yourself ? :@

benjidog
26th April 2006, 23:58
Mermaid's comments about this thread being closed down were a self-fulfilling prophecy and I am closing it. We have had too many insults thrown about recently and I for one am getting fed up with it.

Moderators take no joy in doing this but SN is here for the enjoyment and education of all members and not for this sort of thing.

If anyone takes issue with me about this you are welcome to send me a PM telling me so.

Let's talk about something else - why not ships? [=P]

Brian