Photos. (Greenish).

KenLin39
2nd May 2006, 01:47
Hi, When I print black and white photos they come out with a greenish tint, I've been in contact with HP and cleaned contacts on printer, both cartridges are new but no improvement. Any ideas. Cheers. Ken.

Tassie
2nd May 2006, 03:00
Hi Ken, before getting to the printing stage are the photos scanned by you? If they are
then are you scanning in 'Colour' 'Gray' or 'Line Art'....these are the three settings on my Acer Scanner so I assume you may have something similar. If the Black and White photos are being scanned in 'Colour' then the scanner, and then the printer, will attempt to add colour. Just a thought and maybe a long-shot.
Regards.....Bill

R798780
2nd May 2006, 08:07
Looks like the printer is trying to print black and white from colours. There should be a control somewhere for you to instruct it to print "greyscale" and just use black ink - either in the photo program or in the printer menus.

KenLin39
2nd May 2006, 15:45
Thanks Bill and Hugh, I do select Greyscale in the settings but had a feeling earlier that the Black cartridge was empty and was not being told such. One clue was the rapid usage of the colour inks cart, but, when I started to be told the colour cart needed changing the prints came out perfect. I changed both carts but the prints now look greenish again. I forgot to mention that i'm not using HP inks but previous black inks were not from one company. Thanks again. Ken.

Alan Ford
2nd May 2006, 20:15
Hi, When I print black and white photos they come out with a greenish tint, I've been in contact with HP and cleaned contacts on printer, both cartridges are new but no improvement. Any ideas. Cheers. Ken.
I have the same trouble when using Epson paper - even when using just the black cartridge. Try using just the black cartridge on Jessops paper.
Alan Ford

eldersuk
3rd May 2006, 00:31
I have had similar problems when using "compatible" cartridges instead of the real thing, although I have had genuine HP cartridges refilled with good results.

Derek

waimea
3rd May 2006, 10:32
You won't be able to fix the problem unless you purchase an Epson R2400. This printer is designed for printing B&W photographs and uses archival ink. It has 8 cartridges. Yellow, Meganta, Cyan, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Photo black, Light Black and Light Light Black. It is a professional machine and not cheap, plus the cartridges are expensive. I have a library of 14.000 ships on Neg and supply photographs to order. I did have a dark room but now use this printer. The results are as good as anything I could print by hand, but you must also have a good negative scanner. I use an Epson RX510.

KenLin39
3rd May 2006, 17:30
Thanks all for the info, now I have a few things to try, 1st being paper.
Cheers and keep smiling. Ken.

rickles23
23rd January 2007, 13:01
I use an Epson Photo R310 printer and if I print a black and white using the 'Photo Quality' selection I get a green color cast.

But if I use the 'Plain Paper' selection I get no color cast and a photo quality print.

Its worth playing around a little to find out what works best for you.

Regards

Pat McCardle
23rd January 2007, 17:16
I have the 'ancient' Epson stylus Colour 880. I use compatible inks & all kinds of different papers & never had any problems with colours or B&W?

treeve
23rd January 2007, 21:55
It is a gamble. Some machines are great, some don't handle comptible ink substitutes very well. Some printers can't handle mixed colours, very often a b&w seems a mix of greens to a printer and so prints it. HP does have a tendency to get to a point where whatever you try the print is yellow. I have taped over the colour cartridge outlet and now get b&w prints fine. Thing won't work at all if the colour cartridge is removed. I have four printers to do separate jobs. To print photos it is best to have a photo cartridge. Good quality DRY paper is a must. Excluding the lucky ones, you get what you pay for ... it is worth paying a bit more, I have found. Saves all that waste and hair being torn out. Generally I have found that compatible inks mess up the printer, so when I bought the two new printers I vowed to use the real thing.

Derek Roger
23rd January 2007, 22:38
Have you checked the package for destination ?????????? It may have been from the " Irish Shippment "
Derek